Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Target Dawn
The Despairing Vegetarian

I am currently:
Triggering (Sexual Abuse) - Child Molestation? *kind of Graphic*

*sorry that this is graphic*

I think I was molested when I was 10 by my friends dad but I don't know. I was staying at my friends house & when she went outside it was just me & her dad in the room. He told me to come here so I did and he put his arms around me from behind & started feeling my private parts. I was so scared & told him that I had to go outside with my friend so he let me go.
I also have memories of him coming into the bedroom that night, sitting by the bed & feeling my body. Was this molestation?

I never thought it affected me too much & never really told anyone about it, I've always thought I was A-sexual but now I realise I actually have a real problem with intimacy & anything to do with sex, I just wont go near any of it because I'm scared of it.

Previous username: Miss-Ruby

R.I.P my budgie Bubbles 26/01/09...in my <3 forever.

Target Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
suspendeddisconnect

yes that is definitely molestation and you have every right to have issues due to it... he has no right to touch you there. can you talk to anyone about it? you need to process what happened.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
Target Dawn

I am currently:

Yes I have a counsellor & I'm seeing her this Sunday.
I've only just started thinking about this 'cause I've been pushing it to the side for so long, trying to think it had nothing to do with my current problems. Anyway, I'm just really angry that I didn't tell anyone & get this a**hole locked away at the time. There's no chance of it now & he's probably done it to others =(.
I feel so guilty.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
troubleshooter

*hugs* Sweetheart like it was said that's def molestation. Don't feel guilty, it's not your fault. You were juts a little girl and didn't know what else to do. Try to tell your counselor if you haven't, and I'm sure you can get help for this. *more hugs* It'll be ok.

troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
suspendeddisconnect

it's not your fault you didn't tell anyone. i'm sure he tried to make you think it was no big deal and a child's (as well as adult's) natural instinct is to bury traumatic events like this. Just deal with it in the present and don't feel guilty for what has or hasn't been done. You can't change it and you were only a child who could never be held at fault.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #6
Target Dawn

I am currently:

Yeah I will tell my counsellor when I see her.
& I know that I shouldn't feel guily, I'm trying not to. The past is the past, I know I can't change it but still I wish that I was able to do something more, you know? To stop him from doing it to others. That's the only reason I feel guilty but anyway, thanks for the support.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #7
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

you can still report him to the police, and he will have it on record that such a complaint has been made. that way if anyone else makes a similar accusation or if anyone in the past has made allegations then there is more than one person to come to for evidence.

mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
Target Dawn

I am currently:

It was 7 years ago so I doubt they'd care & from experience, police always want evidence if you are reporting something & of course I have no evidence. But I suppose there's no harm in reporting it anyway, it's worth a try.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #9
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

it would always be on file that it had been reported even if not followed up etc.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)