RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-06-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
chinahorse

I am currently:
CMHT and moving house

I may be moving 3 hours up the country in a month or two. Does anyone know what happens to your MH support? Does care get transferred or would I have to be re referred? To complicate matters I may be moving from England to Wales but I may not. Depends where I find a new flat.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

When I moved last my cmht offered to put in a referral to the local cmht where I was moving too. I didn't take them up on the offer so I don't know how it would have worked in practice. It was the same I was moving quite a distance and could fall under a few different cmht, they just said to let them know as soon as I had a definite new location
Registering with a local gp as soon as possible would probably be a good idea.

Good luck with the move!

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I moved in 2006 but however it was to a different county rather than a different country. I had a handover meeting with my current and new team. Like tiptoe said they did a referral. I asked for a prescription form from my old gp so that I could have my meds.

Just a note that in Wales we have different mh legislation to England. We dont have an cpa but a document called an care and treatment plan which looks at your life holistically rather than just your mh. For example it records your hobbies and education needs/goals. It may mean that your whole treatment plan may be reviewed as soon as you get referred to the cmht or they may leave it a while just as long as it's done within a year.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)