RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 11-12-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Antebellum
Welcome To Reality

I am currently:
My arms keep shaking?

This has been happening for a while… sometimes my arms (never both at the same time) will start trembling and shaking, I can't control it and I just have to wait till it subsides. It happens in my hands too.

Someone made a joke the other day about me looking like I have Parkinson's…

Its starting it worry me a bit when its really bad I can't text or type because my arms, hands and fingers have a mind of their own.

Does anyone know what this might be?

'It's Gotta Get Bad Before It Gets Good'

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

have you injured your arms in any way? such as a fall or a knock to the shoulder?

i get this, and although no one has bothered to find out exactly whats wrong, a trapped nerve or nerve damage has been mentioned, due to a shoulder injury.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 11-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #3
Geranium2

Hey there,
It's most likely a symptom of anxiety/stress.

Some medications can have tremors as a side effect - especially anti-psychotics, so if you are on those it would be worth checking with the prescriber.

There will be other possible causes obviously, but they're all rare, whereas stress as a cause is really common. The shaking being a result of tensing all your muscles up, although you may not be conscious you're doing this.

take care and don't add to the worry over it x

Old 11-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
Animad

Yep, I'd echo geranium's post. It may also be there is some nerve damage but as it is both of them doing the same (even though it may be at different times) then that is unlikely.

Really there are many causes of this and tablets, especially ones for psychological or neurological reasons, can cause this type of thing so it may also b a side effect of those. However, this needs to be looked at by a doctor to see what is going on and how they can help with this.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
Antebellum
Welcome To Reality

I am currently:

I don't take any tablets and I haven't had an injury I know of!

It could be stress, I've gotten really stressed over Uni recently.

Maybe I need to try and relax?

'It's Gotta Get Bad Before It Gets Good'

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
Animad

Yep, that is something you should try and just make sure you're not rushing around doing loads of things and if you're doings something like writing or typing then stop after a while, it may even be after a few minutes, even if it's just for a few seconds even. Try and also break up what you're doing so say if you're doing uni work don't leave it all until the last minute when you end up getting stressed and having to sit down and do it all as quickly as possible (we've all been there), just take it steady and do a bit, have a break where you do something entirely different, and then go back to it and keep going with that.

As you're only young by the sounds of it Parkinsons is definitely not one of the first things I'd think of so try not to worry about that or what it may be; I know from personal experience that trying not to worry about what something may be can be really difficult to pretty much impossible but it can help as for one thing it improves your mood and for another it stops you focussing on something and when you don't focus on something it may not happen as much.

Last edited by Animad : 12-12-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Typo

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)