RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
crazygirl
forgetmenot.<3

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - why can't i stop.!

im breaking down. i dont knwo anymore. i can't think right. my bestfriend told me i need to stop, she cried; begged me to stop, because i have "gone to far" but i can't stop!!! i just can't. shouldnt it be enough, to hear the people who love you tell you to stop? shouldnt i be able to.....but i can't. i love my bestfriend.....and i know i need to stop, but i can't. and when i hurt myself it hurts her.....and i can't seem to see her cry one last time. but i also can't stop. i hate hurting her. but i love hurting myself.

crazygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Breeze
dizzy dyke

It is so hard to see others hurting because they are worried/scared for you. I have had the same thing.
Least you know you need to stop. You just need to get to the point you want to stop. That you want to make changes. Do you feel you want to?

What support do you have?

I want to kiss the bottom of the ocean before I burst through its surface into the sunlight, otherwise I will always be wondering about what was left unseen at the bottom

i'm tired of chasing my dreams.
i'm just gonna ask where they're going,
and hook up with them later.

Previously Kelpie

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
crazygirl
forgetmenot.<3

I am currently:

sometimes i do, but i dont think im ready yet....i go to therapy and its been working out good, i mean just being able to get my voice heard...i feel a lot more happier, but just cant seem to stop the self-injury.......maybe its that i dont try hard enough. but im just not ready...cutting is like a way of life for me.....and changeing who you are, takes a lot of work.

crazygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
SecretMe
At Home on RYL

I am currently:

Hey, I of course don't think you intend to hurt your friend. It's a big conflict. I know that when some people close to me found out about my cutting and then actually saw it- their reactions (the crying and so on) were so hard for me to see. I wanted to protect them.

At that time I wasn't ready to give up SI. (I still haven't completely given it up but go a lot longer without it) The thing was I had a need to continue my relationship with SI, the coping, and all the things I got from it. Those close to me didn't understand. But I knew they reacted the way they did because they cared.

It seems you are in a similar position. You are making progress in some areas- like therapy- but you have a strong relationship with SI. It is not that SI is who you are, it is the strong bond/relationship/tie that you have to it and all that you get out of it. It's incredibly hard to let that go and you won't until you are ready and even then it will be a process.

All I can advise until then is, don't lie, but try to keep your SI away from those who are more emotional in their reactions to it because it hurts you both.

*hugs*

I understand and I care.

We are here for you and accept you just as you are. We support you and want to know if there is anthing else that comes up.

Please take care of yourself and remember you aren't alone.

Here Supporting You,
~SecretMe~

SecretMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)