Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #761
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple016 View Post
Obviously he doesn't like it but does he see it as a very bad sin or is it on a par with say swearing or drinking, does he see it as just another addiction?
I'm not sure what you mean...
All sins are equal in God's eyes.
None of us are any better or worse than a murderer, rapist, preacher, saint etc.
We've all sinned and have to ask for forgiveness.
Every sin keeps us from God, no matter what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Machine View Post
Hey Salanna, I imagine it must have been really hard typing your testimony up - so well done ^_^

I'm praying God gives you the strength to share it with others - I'm sure others will learn so much from hearing your story.
Thanks.
I'll be sharing it in front of my youth group within the next few weeks.

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 04:20 AM   #762
TheSuffererComplex
Recovering, one moment at a time

I am currently:

Wow Salanna, sounds like you put your heart and soul into that testimony. I will hope and pray that all will go well when you decide to share it.

TheSuffererComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #763
mesmerized.
hannah.

Quote:
All sins are equal in God's eyes.
None of us are any better or worse than a murderer, rapist, preacher, saint etc.
I disagree. All sins are bad, obviously, but they're not all the same. Mortal sins (grave/serious) sever our relationship with God and while venial (smaller) sins like telling a "white" lie do harm it, it isn't to the same extent. All sin leads to death without repentence but the temporal consequences and the effect it has on our relationship with God is not the same. It doesn't make sense to say that a Saint is no better than a rapist, if for no other reason than if that were true, there wouldn't even be any Saints.

Pineapple, I don't want to hazard a guess at how God sees any particular sin. But I do believe that motivation and such count for an awful lot. Habit and addiction and state of mind can all lesson the severity of the sin. If you're just going along like "lalala I know I shouldn't be doing this but I will anyway and God will forgive me" then that probably isn't so good. But it sounds like you're really struggling and you don't actually want to be living this way? I would say the important thing is to know that He'll forgive you, each and every time you ask, and to find something that'll help you rely less on self harm, rather than worrying too much about how angry God is. I hope you're okay, PM me if you need someone. And thanks for sharing those lyrics, they're beautiful.

mesmerized. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #764
Freedom Fighter

@mesmerized. thats a more catholic view point the more protestant viewpoint is all sins are the same. I believe the latter. Only 1 sin will keep you out of heaven but god forgives all sins if you ask

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 02:05 AM   #765
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmerized. View Post
I disagree. All sins are bad, obviously, but they're not all the same. Mortal sins (grave/serious) sever our relationship with God and while venial (smaller) sins like telling a "white" lie do harm it, it isn't to the same extent. All sin leads to death without repentence but the temporal consequences and the effect it has on our relationship with God is not the same. It doesn't make sense to say that a Saint is no better than a rapist, if for no other reason than if that were true, there wouldn't even be any Saints.
Oh, I apologize, I momentarily forgot that some of you are catholic.
I don't have a full understanding if the catholic view of those sort of things...
I know that when we talk about mortal sins, we mean those "deadly" sins listed in the Bible. We understand that those sins lead to death. Not that committing those sins will sever our relationship with Christ. After all, Romans 8 says that nothing in all creation could seperate us from the love of Christ.
The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the holy spirit. [an attitude of contempt for God]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1sh View Post
@mesmerized. thats a more catholic view point the more protestant viewpoint is all sins are the same. I believe the latter. Only 1 sin will keep you out of heaven but god forgives all sins if you ask
yeah.

August 2, 2007

Old 29-06-2008, 03:33 AM   #766
dazedandconfused

I am currently:

salanna...i just read what i've missed on the thread lol
but anyways...i think its really great that you've agreed to do that.. that has to take a LOT of guts so i'm proud of you! its awesome and i'll be praying for you =)

oh...and i totally just realized your psalm 139 thing under your name and wanted to say that that chapter seriously meant a lot to me the day i got saved! (sorry...i just think its cool)

Love so amazing, so divine
demands my soul, my life, my all. =)

dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #767
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

I love it! I read it often.
I think it's my favorite psalm.

August 2, 2007

Old 29-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #768
dazedandconfused

I am currently:

mine too! so far...lol i actually haven't read many of them yet but that one means SOOO much to me =D

Love so amazing, so divine
demands my soul, my life, my all. =)

dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #769
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

^^The psalms are always great if you're feeling down.
i sometimes just sit around and read them aloud.

Has anyone read "The Pursuit of God" by AW Tozer?
I started it yesterday, and wow! It's wonderful.
I highly recommend it, and actually you can read it free online here

August 2, 2007

Old 29-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #770
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

can someone pray i stay sane?
my rents are making me feel sh*t and i wanna give in.. =\

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #771
pineapple016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseRidinBbe07 View Post
my rents are making me feel sh*t and i wanna give in.. =
done

pineapple016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #772
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

don't let them push you into doing something you'll regret
They're not worth it babe.

August 2, 2007

Old 30-06-2008, 01:47 AM   #773
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

blah.. i guess =\

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #774
TheSuffererComplex
Recovering, one moment at a time

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanna View Post
don't let them push you into doing something you'll regret
They're not worth it babe.
Yea, at the end of it all, your the one that is going to be affected by your decisions more than anyone else. Stay safe, I'll pray for you.

TheSuffererComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 02:48 AM   #775
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseRidinBbe07 View Post
my rents are making me feel sh*t and i wanna give in.. =
i will

I must have you!"

Old 30-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #776
silentgirl

I am currently:

I felt that i also needed to post this in here (also in SI discussion)

I wish I knew what was going on.

I feel like an angry bitch for no reason. My cravings are high, like anything. Its been awhile since I last cut myself.
Memories and thoughts are going through my head.
I saw my English tutor on Saturday evening, he came down to help a friend, who he is tutoring part time, I was with my friend, keeping him company throughout the tutoring session, and seeing my tutor again was weird as anything.

I choked up and felt like crying. I had not seen my tutor since I had told him about my self harm and started talking to him about my problems. I afraid and depressed, aswell as scared, of how my tutor would react, but he was fine. I was the one that had a problem though.

I haven’t been able to talk in counseling for awhile now, I haven’t gone cos I know that it is just a waste of time. So many thoughts and feelings running through my head and it just deystroys me inside.

I cant get my past out of my head, stuff that happened last year, three years ago, stuff that even happened recently, like a month ago…. The accident, my sisters break up. Today my great aunt is going into hospital to have a triple bypass or something…

I just feel so lost and depressed. Its like I don’t know what to do with myself.

I dont know what has happened. I seem to be sometimes on fire for God but other times, i feel so lost and depressed that i couldnt care what happens or if i pray or read my bible.

Without being able to access RYL at home, it makes me feel even more alone, then what i normally feel, because i cant post on here about my struggles with God, or asking for support or anything. It just seems to depress me even more.

Its hard for me at times, because besides my grandparents, i am the only christian in my family, so going to connect groups or church is difficult, because i can go when i am feeling up to it or happy but when im down and depressed, i feel that its harder for me to go because i feel that like God is judging me cause i self harm and go through bad times and am depressed.

I seem to only hear about the positive things when i am at the girls connect group that i go to, nothing negative is explored and it just makes me wonder.

My Girls Group leader, is all positive and stuff, which is great, but i feel that anything i say to her, isnt exactly "taken in" because she is never dealt with having a disability, self harming issues or depression, in her life time.

I am allowed to talk to my tutor about anything and everything because i know that he will listen, but even so, i still find that extremely hard and that i may depress him because not much positivity has happened in the last few months or so in my world or family. My tutor is great, except that the standards that he sets for me when i go back to school to finish my last year of highschool are defiently going to be very challenging for me.

I apologise for writing so much, i just felt that i needed to get it all out and cause i am not on RYL much, my posts may seem to be long ish for awhile until my computer gets fixed.

God bless to you all,

silentgirl

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #777
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

That's rough.
Perhaps you could pull the leader aside before or afterwards one day and tell her your concerns. Ask her if y'all could cover topics like SI and depression.
This is a really cool resource I found. It's put out by Battlecry, they do youth rallies all over the US. Pretty awesome. This particular section is about cutting. I encourage all of you to read it. So check it out.

August 2, 2007

Old 01-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #778
mesmerized.
hannah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1sh View Post
I'm perfectly aware of the differences between the Catholic and Protestant points of view, thanks. I was simply expressing another point of view, which isn't banned or anything, as far as I know.

mesmerized. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #779
ashleighbean
smallboyonherbike.

I am currently:

*hugs to all*
so i am back from vacation. i am doing good. the best i have been in a long while.
not so much with God yet but maybe since i am feeling better i can work on my relationship with God now.

Leave out all the Rest:
[Dreamer&Believer and netsirkylime are my bubbly amigos]
[shakespeare's strumpet is my big sis]
<3[absi is my girlfriend]<3

ashleighbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #780
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmerized. View Post
I'm perfectly aware of the differences between the Catholic and Protestant points of view, thanks. I was simply expressing another point of view, which isn't banned or anything, as far as I know.
yes sry if i offended you

I must have you!"

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)