RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2017, 03:37 AM   #1
Almost Famous

Changing plans

Hi, thanks for anyone who takes the time to read my problems.

I'm 24 male.

It was almost a year ago when my doctor told me I had depression. I was ironically happy with finding that out, it made me think life won't always be like this.

I'm lucky to have a lot of people willing to help me out and understand what I need.

I have breaks away with the lads. I have breaks away with my girlfriend (who knows about my depression) and breaks away with my close friends (who know about my depression)

I booked on a holiday abroad with my close friends (two females both 24 and a male 26 who is a long term girlfriend of one of the females) we paid the deposit we all seemed happy about the trip. Then the other female decides she wants to invite her boyfriend who has been abusive to me verbally every time we have met (physical is just a tight headlock where I had to twist his arm round to get out) he often tries to belittle me and it really makes me feel uneasy (using another name for a female dog to refer to me B****).

All my friends know I don't feel comfortable around him and have seen first hand the things he has done, I have already paid the deposit for the holiday and I don't really think I'll enjoy the holiday if I'm constantly being bullied. For the sake of my mental health I don't think I can go, also I don't want to be a fifth wheel, when I told one of the girls she just asked me to invite my girlfriend too, but that won't really solve anything, what do I do? Am I overreacting? Is it acceptable that they can just add someone on the holiday they know I don't like?

Almost Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:28 AM   #2
HopeRises

Urgh I replied to this and it didn't post.

I understand how frustrating and upsetting this can be. Could you invite your girlfriend andthen do different things from your friends and just have breakfast and dinner with them?

Does his girlfriend know your concerns? I think a break would be good and I don't think you should not go because he is. In a way that's like letting him 'win' and showing him he gets to you. He might be okay on holiday.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

I think that's a really good idea to go, but keep your distance. If however you do feel like you really really can't go, could you try and sell your ticket to another friend?

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
Sketchy

I am currently:

He sounds like a horrible person, and it's no wonder you feel uneasy about going. I can't add to the advice already given, but I hope you get the problem resolved. If you bring your girlfriend and do your own thing then hopefully he won't be able to bother you. It's not fair that you should lose out on a holiday because of a nasty person like that, but I can understand if you feel unable to go.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)