RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-01-2019, 12:34 AM   #1
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:
Hopes for 2019 (and onwards)

So, I know sometimes the darkness and the MH battle can be overwhelming but I also think part of the path through is to look for the light (In the words of Dumbledore; ‘happiness can be found in the darkest of places; if one only
Remembers to turn on the light’), or something like that!

New ayear has always been a historically difficult time for me (and many others I know) because it can kind of force you to evaluate the last year and it’s often too easy to look at all the **** and feel overwhelmed by it. So I thought maybe we should flip that!

So what do you want 2019 to bring for you?

For me, I’m hoping I will complete the purchase of my first house, and start my final year of nursing training. I’d also like another kitty and to start becoming generally more fit

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:43 AM   #2
Soft Kitty

Those sound like some really exciting achievements and aims for 2019. Wishing you the best of luck in getting all that you've worked for.

My main aim of the year is to go to college and study Complementary Therapies. Mainly because am scared of people-ing and I'm going to have to get very used to aspects of it on the course! I'm hoping it's going to break down some barriers.

I'm also aiming to get a pet. Would love a kitty or two, but I'm also a wimp so might start smaller! It would be my first pet that was 'mine', not a family pet.

Would like to start a little Etsy shop at some point during the year, lose a bit of weight, and actually be able to do crow pose (can kind of do) and headstand (can't do) in yoga. But really a better aim would just be to practice yoga daily.

I'm going to stop before I write an essay.

Have a good 2019 everyone, and remember to try and ride the waves as tough times happen.

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:46 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thanks Kitty! Some fab aims there as well! I had the same mental debate before getting my kitty. In the end I went for it and it has been the best decision ever!

I’m going to start breaking my targets into smaller
Goals I think tomorrow cos some of them seem quite big so maybe having smaller goals short term that will hopefully lead to the big goal might help :-

Do you have any smaller goals on the way yet? Kind of steps towards your final goal?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 01-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #4
youonlyliveonce

My new year goals
Get back to be normal Cheryl happy and healthy physically and mentally
Finish year 2 and start year 3 of my degree
And to be able to be back in control

Great thread Mrs

Old 01-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

To finish the seecond year and start my third year of my degree and beyond.

To see a psycholptherapist/psychologist about lots of things in life i have hidden and kept from people and finally see a future

to cope with all set backs and challenges

Beyond 2020

eventually, make friends one day sometime in 2020 and get a job, depending on mental health conditons/phyical health conditions, depending on how i am feeling after the dissertation and the reaction to it.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #6
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I love this thread, thank you!

It's really lovely reading all your goals. You all sound so positive and determined and honestly, it's a lovely reminder of how ****ing amazing and resilient people can be <3

Breaking things down into smaller goals is also a fab idea, I'll try doing that with mine too.

My main goal for this year is to complete the first year of my social work degree. It's going well so far and I genuinely love it, so I really, really want this to work out. I go on placement in March which is exciting and terrifying and I'd like to succeed at that and learn as much as I possibly can.

Mental health wise, I'm hoping to remain stable and keep learning about myself and how to maintain some kind of balance. As long as things continue to be okay, I'd like to reduce and ideally try coming off medication this year. All being well, I'm hoping to start the process in May.

My boyfriend and I have talked about moving in together this year. It might be kind of soon but it's something we both want and there are various circumstances that mean it might be a good idea. I'd really like that to happen. And that aside, it's kind of huge for me to be in a healthy functioning relationship where we actually talk about things and I want that to continue and I want to put the work in to making that happen. I'd also like to be strong enough to be okay if that doesn't happen, so I need to work on my relationship with myself and find ways to love myself a little bit more.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #7
tamobhuuta

My goal is to use meds, therapy and supporters to get through without hospital or SI.

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #8
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I love these goals

Serendipity- I’m doing MH nursing so have some experience of managing meds and MH and placement (sometimes successfully, othertimes not so much ��). Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about any placement stuff!

I’ve been thinking and I think my ‘starting point’ for my goals will be to go to the gym once a week. I hope to do more but I don’t want to feel pressure to go three times a week and then feel dispondant if I don’t. Once a week sounds manageable.

Re uni, I think I need to chase my DSA so I can come up with a plan with my mentor. Visiting my placements before I officially start has also worked well before.

House- just waiting for an enquiry to come back and then will hopefully exchange in the next couple of weeks. Not much I can do about that but honk I need to start sorting out my flat so I’m not doing it all at the last minute!

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 01-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #9
Soft Kitty

These are all such excellent and exciting goals! It's really warming and motivating to read. A really good idea to break things down into steps as well.

I think, breaking things down, I've already emailed the college about coming to visit so once they're back from Christmas holiday hopefully they'll email me about that and I can go and talk loans with them. Then it'll be a case of psychologically preparing where possible, seeing who I can get on board among my family for volunteers, and then winging it a bit!

I'm going to start making things for my little shop in January (mainly aromatherapy soaps, candles and things like that) though probably won't open a shop until I've completed my online aromatherapy course which I'm slowly getting through as it's very comprehensive... A way to go yet... though aromatherapy is also a part of the college course.

Re: my lil pet, I think I need to start off deciding what to get! And then looking into things that worry me like insurance and whatnot.

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:49 AM   #10
Serendipity.
fabulous.

These all sound like brilliant and realistic goals! :)

Soft Kitty - please keep us updated on the pet thing (well, everything really but especially the pet!!)

Thanks Pomegranate, I will quite probably take you up on that!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 PM   #11
Puck
Ultreya

I am currently:

I hope to finish my acupuncture degree and become self employed and I wish to walk again, I have drug induced Parkinson's and am starting a ketogenic diet to treat it without reducing my pills. It will help me lose weight and I intend on walking my dog and going swimming to get fit. I am going to start work with dbt but to help with ptsd as I don't have a bpd diagnosis, I need help to regulate emotions and boost my skills because I am being discharged from MH services. I also want to learn Spanish!

I hope you all achieve what you wish to, may the force be with you as it were x

"It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit"
-J.R.R Tolkien

Puck is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)