RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #121
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Interview was ok thanks!
Now to wait 5-10 working days for a decision.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #122
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Glad it was okay! Ahh waiting is horrible! But at least that isn't *too* long to wait!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #123
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

That is true!
I was actually quite surprised at how quick it is.
I am totally stuck on this sociology assignment. Its due in Friday and still.got another 1000 or so words and I don't even know if im doingit right!!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #124
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Is there someone to contact to ask if you are on the right lines? Do you have time tomorrow to work on it? You can do it! Regular breaks and little rewards. You'll get there!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.

Old 14-12-2017, 12:34 AM   #125
HopeRises

I always feel like that when I am only at the beginning stages of writing an essay. Good luck with it. If you need help pm me part of my course is all around sociology.

Lilo that sounds like a massive amount. You never know though you might get it. I shouldn't really have my place at uni because I don't even have alevels so don't meet the tariff points but still got in on experience.

Presentation tomorrow..absolutely terrified but then I'm done for Christmas.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #126
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thank you both!
I have until 11:59pm tomorrow to write it.
Just so stressed about it
Thanks for the offer HopeRises! I'll see how I get on.

Hope your presentation goes/went well!!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 14-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #127
Lilo

I am currently:

Good Luck with your assignment, I'm sure you'll manage to get it done.

I am so grateful to have nearly 2 weeks off college.
Although I've still got 2 assignments and my research proposal to write so I can't spend too much of Christmas relaxing.

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #128
Serendipity.
fabulous.

How did your presentation go Leigh? Hope it was okay!

How is the assignment going Beckie? I hope you're managing to make time to look after yourself as well!

Yay for holidays Lilo. I hope you can manage to balance work and relaxing!

I have an interview in January! Eep. Now I am stressing about that!

Old 15-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #129
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Finally finished assignment!
I am not going to leave it that late again.
Now I just have the worry that I've accidentally plagiarised the whole thing!
Its the holidays now but I still have a sh*t ton to do!

Yay for interview Hannah!!
I'm sure you'll smash it!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 15-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #130
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Haha I understand that worry but you won't have! Well done for getting it done :)

Thanks! It actually sounds horrendous, it's got like a zillion different stages and lasts allll day. I'm SO bad at interviews! I've got another one as well now so hopefully even if I **** up the first one, the next one will be better!

Old 15-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #131
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Mine was similar to that Hannah. Lasted all day with tests and interviews with different people!
It wasn't actually too bad!
Have they given you any resources to help with the interviews?
The unis i applied for sent some helpful websites to help with the whole process.
Yay for another interview!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 15-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #132
Serendipity.
fabulous.

It's going to be awful, I am bad enough at regular job interviews! It's got a written task, group session, presentation and individual interviews. I will literally cry!

They sent one useful link that I already knew about :P

Old 16-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #133
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

That is a lot of tasks!
Maybe look on student room or something. They tend to have people who have done the interviews and can tell you what happens and stuff

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 09-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #134
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Hey.

How's everyone's study/interviews etc going?

I start a Health Sciences BSc on the 3rd of February. My module website opens on the 11th of January, so Thursday! I'm excited, but incredibly nervous. Things are a bit rocky at the moment because of a change in medication, but I'm trying to stay OK as I don't want to postpone starting again (I was due to start in October). I've wanted to do this for YEARS. Never been well enough or confident enough to actually do it though, so I'm grabbing the opportunity with both hands.

Disability Services from the Open University have just called me, and we've gone through the disability profile that they've set up. The lady I spoke to was so nice and the profile looks sensible. I was supposed to apply for DSA ages ago, but got really stressed with the application and threw it away (sensible, I know...) I mentioned it to J, the disability lady, and she was so helpful. She's going to email me a few bits to help with medical evidence and stuff. It can take ages to process, but hopefully it'll be OK. Would anyone be willing to share their experience of applying for DSA?

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #135
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Hi Aubergine!
Starting a new course is exciting!
From my experience with the OU, they are incredibly helpful and its easy to get extensions on work if you aren't feeling great and fall behind.
You'll do great!

I don't have any experience with DSA so cant help there im afraid!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 29-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #136
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Thanks Beckie! How are you getting on with studying?

How're you doing, Hannah?

Anyone else? How's this term going so far?

So, I've just started... Bit stressed with it, truth be told. I've completed and submitted my personal development plan, so that's task one done. TMA 01 is due at the beginning of March, so I have a while.

The content I've looked at so far isn't to bad. I was worried about the maths side of things, but it's actually OK. It's turning decimals into percentages and other stuff that I can remember from school, so that's good. I'm sure it will get more complex, but for now I can manage!

My tutor phoned the other day and seems really, really lovely. She said she's been an OU tutor for 25 years, and before that was a chemistry and biology teacher at A Level. We spoke a bit about my "additional requirements" and she was nice about that.

Just got to crack on now... Any study tips? Do any of you use a timetable?

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 11:31 PM   #137
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Hey Ducky! You're doing fab so far, you can do this! I think it's understandable that you're a bit stressed, getting back into studying is tough, and you've got other stuff going on too. You're brilliant though and you can do it. It's good that the content seems okay and your tutor is helpful. I think the OU are generally pretty supportive. My dad used to be an OU tutor and I know he/they tried hard to do everything they could to support their students.

Hmm, study tips. I might not be the best person to ask :P Timetables can be good, I used to do that when I was a student. I also found it really helpful to go somewhere specific for studying. I worked best in the library. But if you don't want to go out then even just clearing a space for yourself in your flat, getting rid of as many distractions as possible. Set achievable goals for yourself. On good days that might be studying for half an hour at a time, on less good days maybe even just ten minutes and then have a break, do something nice for yourself. And don't beat yourself up if it doesn't all go to plan!

I have offers from 3 unis and 2 interviews next week. You'd think I'd be less stressed about it all by now but nope! Still stressed. I am glad that I have been offered places though.

Old 29-01-2018, 11:31 PM   #138
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Hey Ducky! You're doing fab so far, you can do this! I think it's understandable that you're a bit stressed, getting back into studying is tough, and you've got other stuff going on too. You're brilliant though and you can do it. It's good that the content seems okay and your tutor is helpful. I think the OU are generally pretty supportive. My dad used to be an OU tutor and I know he/they tried hard to do everything they could to support their students.

Hmm, study tips. I might not be the best person to ask :P Timetables can be good, I used to do that when I was a student. I also found it really helpful to go somewhere specific for studying. I worked best in the library. But if you don't want to go out then even just clearing a space for yourself in your flat, getting rid of as many distractions as possible. Set achievable goals for yourself. On good days that might be studying for half an hour at a time, on less good days maybe even just ten minutes and then have a break, do something nice for yourself. And don't beat yourself up if it doesn't all go to plan!

I have offers from 3 unis and 2 interviews next week. You'd think I'd be less stressed about it all by now but nope! Still stressed. I am glad that I have been offered places though.

Old 29-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #139
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Old 31-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #140
HopeRises

How is everyone getting on with the new semester?

Ducky, your doing great. I also find I study best away from my house, It means when I am home I can just relax although equally, I can do some work here. Also, its ok to be feeling stressed about it, your going through a difficult time anyway so its ok that you only do little bits for the time being. As you get used to studying again and you are in a better place mentally I am sure youll get into it and feel less stressed. Keep going, you've got this.

My lectures have dropped down to barely anything. Its nice to have some time but also, I want to be in uni and studying. I find it quiet difficult to 'learn on my own' (reading) haha. I'm trying. I'm half way through my assignment due in april. I'm getting it out the way. Im going to aim to finish it for this time next week.

Hannah,good luck on the interviews. i'm so excited for you. Is your degree a 3yr or is it a masters?

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)