RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
SoSimple

I am currently:
Does counseling help?

This is something I've always wondered. I'm sure it's different for everyone but I was wondering if there were any opinions or experiences that anyone would be willing to share?

Thank you so much!

Nobody said it was easy.
No one ever said it would be this hard.

SoSimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #2
SherBear

I am currently:

Honestly, I say just go for it. You never know how counseling will help you until you do it. It's different for everyone, and it's definitely not a cure all but I found it extremely helpful.

For me I was kind of pushed into it and was a little resentful at first. But my therapist was awesome at just helping me see that I didn't create all the problems I was (and still am) dealing with. It was nice to just have a safe space where I could just pour out everything on my mind without fear of being judged. My only issue was that my therapist was not familiar with self harm and became very focused on just trying to convince me to stop, without addressing the underlying problems. So if you can try to see someone with some experience in whatever you're dealing with. Remember that everyone and anyone can benefit from seeing a professional. We all have things in our heads that could use a little sorting whether we realize it or not.

Best of luck!!!

"We're all pretty bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it."

-The Breakfast Club

SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:29 AM   #3
Celticroots

I am currently:

I think counseling is helpful if you want to be helped. I think though that it does depend on the fit between you and your therapist. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right fit. And I think a good therapist is one you feel you can be honest with.

I am in counseling and I find it helpful. Sometimes you can leave a session not feeling so great because they can bring forth uncomfortable emotions. So it's not always easy but I feel it's worth it.

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:56 AM   #4
SoSimple

I am currently:

Thank you guys! I appreciate your feedback. I definitely want to give it a try. Just need to find one that I fit well with I guess.

Nobody said it was easy.
No one ever said it would be this hard.

SoSimple is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)