Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #121
smile5

edited

Last edited by smile5 : 24-04-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fears
smile5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #122
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

sorry i didnt get around to answering your question, i havent been feeling great :(

I cant sleep anymore dispite being on a high does of serequel, i keep haveing thoughts and visions and seeing things for a split second.

im just so tired

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #123
Vega
Stupid MF

I am currently:

My ex suspected me of having BPD the first time we dated...I laughed it off.
A year and a half later I was diagnosed with BPD and clinical depression.

These diseases are ruining my life. I've hurt and lost him for good and almost all of my friends as well.

Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #124
Nineflyz

I am currently:

i have just been diagnosed with borderline and don't know that much about it i do kinda have all the traits though does anybody know of any books that deal with how to live and manage borderline

Freedom from addiction, freedom from pain. The suffering is worth the life I live now.

Nineflyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #125
Stellata

The Angry Heart is the best book that I know of... It's in the form of a workbook... with writing/journalling exercises..

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #126
Scabette

I am currently:

Bleeding Angel - I kinda wish I could get diagnosed with SOMETHING, so I know why I act so wrong. And maybe I would be able to then do something about it.
Hope you feel better soon. I hate when I see things for a split second, it totally freaks me out. Maybe get some better meds that make you sleep?

Blessed Be, x Pip

"Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful that it happens in that order."

adopted by surprising mystery loves [prettyontheinside]
Small_Black_Flower is my sister

Scabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #127
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

bump.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Old 27-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #128
Merc

i will admit i dislike the dx...but especially more so now, as my doc discussed it agin, the symptoms, and HE SAID...'We may need to re-evaluate as you truly do not totally meet the criteria; NOT ENOUGH FOR THIS DX' What ive been saying ( i meet 3; 5-6, i believe is necessary).
I got slapped it by the first psych i saw in the first mental ward, and she admitted it was 'mostly just due to the cutting/si'.
so finally my doc has listened to what i have for 1 1/2 years.
My hubby read the criteria (objective opinion) and found only three as well....

romp

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #129
Sugar and Spice

I am currently:

Bleeding angel - I'm interested in buying that book "the angry heart" can you tell me more about it?
Has anyone else read it?

Sugar and Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #130
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

you mean katie, not me :)

The only books i have read is I hate you please dont leave me, and stop walking on eggshells, both of them are informative but slightly depressing to read.

The one thing i can rember reading from it is " If you take the worst thing that has happend to you, multiply it 100 times and it still wont amount to the amount of pain a borderline feels"

Old 30-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #131
Sugar and Spice

I am currently:

Sorry - my mind is addled with drink atm - please pardon my mistake!

Sugar and Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #132
secretsquirl
just smile and walk away...

I am currently:

So I'm just curious, what exactly does it mean to have bpd? I feel that I have most of the characteristics, and for obvious reasons this is a bit troubling to me, but I usually keep my problems to myself so no one else would ever think there is anything wrong with me. I don't have many problems functioning at school or in society, and I've never been diagnosed, so do I really have any reason to be concerned? I'm only asking because I can see the symptoms in myself (ie SI, suicidal thoughts, idealizing/hating relationships). They're obviously somewhat disturbing to me, and I don't know if its something that will just go away or if it will precipitate into further problems. For those of you who have struggled with bpd, can you relate? I mean, should I seek some help even though I'm seemingly fine, or should I just stop complaining? I don't think these feelings/thoughts are normal, but then again they may just be part of adolesence..

secretsquirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #133
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

Like ive said dont self-diaginose, there are alot of illnesses out there that are similar in symptom, if you think its a possiblity then its best to talk to a doctor about it.

Having it means you are emotioanlly unstable.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:45 AM   #134
slacker
This Member is currently Banned

BPD is from the american diagnostic and statistical manual for mental disorders, whereas emotional unstable personality disorder is from the global/european ICD (currently ICD-10) but they're pretty much the same thing.

most helpful book i know is marsha linehan's skills training manual for treating borderline personality disorder which is one of two key books for dialectic behavoural therapy (the advanced, more helpful version of cognitive behavioural therapy for BPD).

thing to remember is that BPD isn't just one thing. in really basic terms, there's type one which is the clingy type and type two which is the person that is drawn to and has to push away people because its too much to bear. the medics are refining the whole personality disorder thing though, and an emerging characteristic is a whole type of BPD that originates from childhood trauma. and in 2012 they're bringing out DSM-V which is reportedly going to disband the whole personality disorder thing (of which there are 11 types) in favour of a completely different way of categorising symptoms.

most helpful thing? mindfulness. look it up. do it. use it. live it. its one of the latest buzz words in the nhs and they're slowly cottoning on (the private sector is one heck more fast on its feet and use it readily, with good results)

more than anything else, become an intelligent customer when it comes to any mental health professional and read up so you know what they're offering, what they're not offering, whether its a budget issue or a local skillbase lack, and to ask the necessary questions about referral for appropriate treatment. the official label means you've more access to treatment pathways. ALWAYS claim disability living allowance. its your right

slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #135
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

bump.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #136
Asystole

I am currently:

Hmm. I'm in the long, drawn-out assessment stage at the moment and have been asked so many questions i've lost track. They're asking me borderline specific questions at the moment. :/

Asystole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #137
Stellata

What kind of questions?

Old 05-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #138
Asystole

I am currently:

About my relationships, mood, examples of how I behave in relationships, promiscuity and alcohol/drug use. I can't remember most of them since it was a couple of weeks ago but it wasn't very nice to see a sheet of questions with a large Borderline at the top.

Asystole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #139
Stellata

Couldn't get much more subtle than that. Not!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 AM   #140
IceBreak

I am currently:

*runs in and looks for Mari gives her a huge hug for when she next in here and runs off again :P*

I WILL FORGET THOSE THAT HAVE HURT ME
BUT
I WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME

IceBreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)