Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Hiding Amaranth
Outsider looking in

I am currently:
I might have a new job!

As some of you may have read, I'm on the hunt for a new job. My current one keeps cutting my hours back, and they come up with the flimsiest of excuses for it, including things they outright made up. For example, they claim that I'm refusing to make customer orders, and instead demand that someone else make them. Even my coworkers that dislike me have said that is B.S., but the managers swear that I actually do that.

So I started searching for a new job. I had my doubts, because I have a hand injury that requires a support, which doesn't make me look like a very strong or productive employee. But I was gonna try anyway. It was either that or lose my house from not working enough at my current job.

But today, I got a call back from one of the places I applied to! The manager was checking to be sure I was still interested in the job before running a background check (since it costs them money, they don't want to do it just to find out that the person didn't want the job anymore). I should hear back in a few days, and if all goes well, I should get an interview!

But the manager said something interesting while talking to me. She said that one of her current employees is a regular at my current job. That employee gave the manager a stellar review of the performance she sees me do there, telling the manager that I look like a really hard worker, and that she thinks that I would do a great job if I was hired. How did the employee identify me? By the wrist/hand support I wear.

So there you have it. The injured hand I was so worried would make me look like a poor employee actually managed to inadvertently make me look like a great employee. And hopefully, that will help me get this job!

~Hiding Amaranth

"Just because you know my name
Doesn't mean you know my game
"
~Marina & The Diamonds - "The Outsider"

Hiding Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
insidemyhead
time traveller

I am currently:

That's wonderful news! I really hope you get your interview and that you get the job :) x

“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”

insidemyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
pb&banana

Here is to hoping you do get the new job. Lots of luck!

pb&banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Aquifolia

Aw, that's really great to hear :)

Aquifolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
FranticMind

I am currently:

well done hun :) x

FranticMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
RadioActiveCheezPuff

I am currently:

That's really great! Best of luck! :)

"You've used and abused me, but you will NOT destroy me!" Alice Liddell. Alice: Madness Returns

RadioActiveCheezPuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)