Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 21-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #521
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I would wager that most of the people know I would never said I hated you, if you remember I said you are a faceless person on the internet who I couldnt care less about and therefore had no feelings about you.You are a liar who cannot back up their claim. Yes I called you a troll, after you accused me of having a grudge and trying to force you off of RYL.

The amount of support you get is ridiculous when you are so disgusting towards people who are trying to help you.

Its not an abuse of power if you're breaking the rules either, so I would suggest that you reign yourself in before making such claims.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Old 21-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #522
Imperfect.Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelback4Ever View Post
I only attack them if they attack me first. Or are rude, disrespectful, unkind etc etc. First

Sometimes you just need to be the 'bigger person' and turn the other cheek or do something more constructive than 'tit for tat'. You really will not get far in real life if you can't learn to handle people who piss you off in a more constructive way.

And I believe your question about the NG tube has already been answered. It would require hospitalisation which there is just not enough funding for unless you really are 'illest of the ill'. No that's not ideal, it's just the way it is at the moment.

I do understand you have issues with a lot of treatments but you may well be shooting yourself in the foot by not being a bit more open minded about them.

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Old 21-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #523
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Why do you think NG tubes are the only way? They only tend to leave them on them until they are medically stable / have gained the bare minimum amount of weight to be out of serious danger, so it's not a magic cure, or an easy solution. It is painful, uncomfortable and unpleasant, aside from being inpatient, and it's easy to glamorise it when you've only heard about it online or in books, but it is not a good experience.

Have you thought about trying calorie-replacement drinks like Ensure or Fortisip?

Can I ask why you want the control taken away? It sounds like you want to be sectioned, forced to have an NG tube so that you don't have to make any decisions about your own well-being and care any more.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 21-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #524
Imperfect.Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelback4Ever View Post

Urgh. Damn professionals. The ng tube seems the only realistic way for me to be able to put weight on. I need eating to be taken out of my control. Preferably before they try to section me which would be only counter productive
Unless you can come up with an alternative way to have food taken out of my control without sectioning, then that's going to remain the only viable solution
No. You have decided with limited knowledge or experience that it is the only way. Despite the fact that all the evidence is against taking food control out of a sufferer's hands unless there really is no alternative. All that would happen would be that the moment it was taken out you would return to your original thought pattern and problems because anorexia is primarily a psychological problem as well as a physical one. Addressing the psychological part can improve the physical part but if you deal with the physical part first it only goes so far - in that it allows your mind to function properly but doesn't solve any of the unhealthy thought patterns.

Old 21-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #525
Derpy
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
I would wager that most of the people know I would never said I hated you, if you remember I said you are a faceless person on the internet who I couldnt care less about and therefore had no feelings about you.You are a liar who cannot back up their claim. Yes I called you a troll, after you accused me of having a grudge and trying to force you off of RYL.
You were unpleasant. You told me to leave. And I'm sorry to disappoint but I don't lie.

Quote:
The amount of support you get is ridiculous when you are so disgusting towards people who are trying to help you.
So when they are unpleasant to me, that's okay then is it?

Quote:
Its not an abuse of power if you're breaking the rules either, so I would suggest that you reign yourself in before making such claims.
What rules? I do not lie, nor do I "twist things"

Why don't we just stop talking? You leave me alone completely and I leave you alone completely?
Problem solved.

Old 21-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #526
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...namo-bay-video
This is a video of someone having an NG tube fitted, it's based on what they're currently doing to prisoners in Guantanamo bay. Hopefully it'll help you realise that it really would be best to try other treatments first. Warning, the video is distressing.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Old 21-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #527
pb&banana

The other solution to take some of that "control" off you would be going into a unit. However you would eventually need to take control yourself in order to progress.

Old 21-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #528
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...namo-bay-video
This is a video of someone having an NG tube fitted, it's based on what they're currently doing to prisoners in Guantanamo bay. Hopefully it'll help you realise that it really would be best to try other treatments first. Warning, the video is distressing.
I do not believe that video is representative of all tube feedings. Maybe the ones under section but not the majority. Look up nasogastric intubation on YouTube like I did. Not painful. Not forced. A bit uncomfortable maybe but no pain. Guantanimo bay, famous for torture not for its medical care
Talking about putting people off getting help...

Last edited by Derpy : 21-07-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 21-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #529
offlineforever
Left RYL

Have you actually asked for an NG tube?

Left.

Old 21-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #530
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb&banana View Post
The other solution to take some of that "control" off you would be going into a unit. However you would eventually need to take control yourself in order to progress.
Not gonna happen. I'm terrified of hospitals and especially closed psych wards

Old 21-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #531
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytak View Post
Have you actually asked for an NG tube?
Didn't see the point at the cmht appointment, so no

Old 21-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #532
offlineforever
Left RYL

So, how would you get the tube without going near a hospital if you are so scared of them?

Left.

Old 21-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #533
Imperfect.Star

Apart from not restraining patients and that this video was dramatised it is exactly the same procedure. Some people are lucky and it goes down easily but some, even if they are trying to be compliant, find it really difficult and distressing - it can seem like they are choking if it goes into their airway or curls out their mouth...it is not nice. Anyway, as said above it doesn't solve problems except for getting people out of a critically low weight.

Old 21-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #534
Imperfect.Star

And agreed. I think this is the 3rd/4th time I've said it - an NG tube requires hospitalisation

Old 21-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #535
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect.Star View Post
Apart from not restraining patients and that this video was dramatised it is exactly the same procedure. Some people are lucky and it goes down easily but some, even if they are trying to be compliant, find it really difficult and distressing - it can seem like they are choking if it goes into their airway or curls out their mouth...it is not nice. Anyway, as said above it doesn't solve problems except for getting people out of a critically low weight.
The ones on YouTube are probably more representative. Why don't you go and have a look.
No I haven't had the experience of watching one be put in

Old 21-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #536
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect.Star View Post
And agreed. I think this is the 3rd/4th time I've said it - an NG tube requires hospitalisation
Ed services aren't equipped? Drastic short sightedness there

Old 21-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #537
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

How do you mean? ED as an outpatient tends to mean a little office-type room where you have a chat, not a medical environment like a hospital.

Old 21-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #538
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
How do you mean? ED as an outpatient tends to mean a little office-type room where you have a chat, not a medical environment like a hospital.
I was lead to believe that it was by someone else.
Given glucose and saline drips, ng tubes etc by their ed service

Old 21-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #539
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Not as an outpatient though? You tend to just go in and have a chat for an hour (and weighing/etc. if appropriate). Most of ED service and MH service generally for outpatients is more office rooms for you to chat.

Old 21-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #540
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I think due to the severity of the procedure and at that time also your weight it's sensible to be done in hospital. After all for most people it isn't voluntary so they may try to remove it and therefore need to be monitored.

I understand you want the tube to increase your weight but what happens when it's done and eating is back in your control? You won't have learned anything and it seems it would be awfully easy for your weight to reduce again.

Still I would say at the ed assessment you should bring up your thoughts about this and about needing the control of food taken away and seeing what they suggest.

Would a pre packaged meal plan help? Over here we have Jenny Craig or Lite n Easy and they send out the food to you, all prepackaged and all you have to do is open it and eat. They have higher calorie options too, not just the lose weight ones. Only problem is that it can be expensive.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)