RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I won't lie but i did steal it, for that i'm sorry Tiffy, but it's just too awesome!

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Bump.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #23
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

Does chat allow full stops in username? im thinking of changing my name and will contain full stops x

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #24
squirrelspit

I am currently:

It does indeed.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #25
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

As an incredibly boring anecdote, dodgy hats are also allowed in chat (this: ^), but apparently apostrophes are not.
*wanders off to share more mindless information with the world*

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #26
bitomato

I am currently:
Triggering vs. suicidal threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake up View Post
soi go into chat, the things i want to talk about are apparently triggering.

Im already in the serious chat room. Yet i cant post what im thinking incase it triggers other people????

Its a serious chat room on a sh website, what do you think im gonna be talkin about...the weather????
It IS going to be triggering, if you dont like it, simple dont go into the serious chat room!
I have had this issue a couple times with chat. I agree that things are going to be triggering, because some people are very vulnerable when they come on. However, more than once persons have outright said they are going to kill themselves and I have mentioned it to a moderator if I am concerned no one is talking to the person. But I've been told by one moderator that is not their job.

I am unclear if this was covered in the start of the thread, but I personally think while saying you are thinking about it is understandable- it really sucks to be put in that position when you log on. Some people obviously know each other personally and can get to them- but for me it is just not fair to expect persons to deal with that and for the moderators not to be able to help. I am prepared to accept it as is- but I would only go on chat when I feel emotionally stable most of the time because of this. And sometimes I really need someone to talk to...............I just would appreciate being clearer on the rules.

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,
it’s not working for polar bears
.” Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #27
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Yeah.....to be fair its not the moderators jobs to sort people out if theyre suicidal or not getting support....thats really down to other people in chat to be supportive.

Our job is to enforce the rules in chat and were not there for support, thats not part of our job.....we cant do anything either. If someone says theyre going to kill themselves Im as helpless as every other member. Unless I know the member personally and know where they live/can get them help there isnt anything we can do.

It would be unfair to expect that solely of the moderators, the job is draining enough as it is.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #28
bitomato

I am currently:

My question: since when do mods pop into private chat rooms? I tried to ask the mod why or how but got ignored. It was just a generic message that was warning that rule breaking was being monitored.........something had just happened in the main thread which I didn't even know about and some members were warning each other about rule breaking and being kicked. But I thought mods weren't in the private chat rooms. I mean I am in room 4 and no one was being exactly serious at the time so I went into a private chat room to have a serious conversation. So I was a bit confused by the message.

Is that normal, or is that the warning that comes before the freeze/ kick thing- cause I didn't do anything!!

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,

Old 29-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #29
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Did it come up in bold green font?

Moderators can post messages that appear in all chat rooms at once including into peoples private chat windows, but they can not read your private chats at all.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #30
bitomato

I am currently:

Yeah bold green font- it was really creepy. But would it mean that I did something or was it a general warning. Or maybe to the person I was talking to?

Old 30-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #31
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

It was a general warning and appears in all areas of chat.

But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #32
LostHeart

I am currently:

thanks.

Wished mine worked.

LostHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #33
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I dont think chat will work for you because of the hearts in your name.x

Old 25-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #34
sajhfuahuefghaeg

sajhfuahuefghaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #35
PaperKlip

I am currently:

So I wasn't sure where to put this but I figure here is as good a place as any.

I was thinking that maybe people need to be reminded that in room 4, people can discuss triggering things and I want to ask if I am right in suggesting that if people are finding what somebody is wanting to discuss in room 4 triggering, that it is up to them to move rooms and that just because they find it triggering, does not mean that it can't be discussed if somebody needs support with it.

Does that make sense?
Am I right in saying that

You start life with a clean slate. Then you begin to make your mark. You face decisions, make choices. You keep moving forward. But sooner or later there comes a time where you look back over where you have been and wonder who you really are.

PaperKlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
sajhfuahuefghaeg

Yeah, pretty much.

As long as people are not deliberately triggering other people for the fun, room 4 is completely serious and all triggers should be expected. If you don't like what you're reading, change rooms or get someone to whisper you when the conversation is over.

sajhfuahuefghaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #37
Faulty item

I may pop in and just try and see how it goes, i barely make sense on the forum so im wary . Whats the worst that can happen. Im rambling.

Faulty item is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
Faulty item

Must admit i am very glad i did pop in yesterday, really welcoming people and distracting in so many ways. The different topics being chatted about really were different.

Faulty item is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #39
qwerty1.7

I am currently:

qwerty1.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #40
Anger_Fills_Me

I am currently:
Requirements?

Okay so I click on chat, a window does open up but it's blank. So I'm thinking either something's missing maybe a plugin or maybe I need to restart...? Any feedback would be great. I do know that my java is updated bc I had to do that to participate in online step meetings and those chats work most times for me.

Thanks!

Anger_Fills_Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)