RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #6101
Popple

Thank you. I am just planning to keep as busy as possible so I don't think too much. I have just opened my own business so there is plenty to be done!

Hope Oliver is doing well. I love his name by the way it is one of my favourites.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #6102
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

congratulations Katy, i wish you the best of luck :)

Charlie, that white noise thing looks great, even better that it works so well!
i was told that squirting breast milk in the babys eye helps with sticky eyes. i will prepare to be proven wrong though, it was my mum who told me and she last had a baby 8 years ago, so its probably not the right thing to do now.

Jasmine was weighed again today and is now 10lb 3oz :)

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #6103
akita

I am currently:

Charlie, as soon as i saw you mentioned about Oliver having sticky eyes, i thought maybe he has conjunctivitis.

Quote:
Conjunctivitis is a common infection especially among children under five. Symptoms last from two days to three weeks.
But taking him to a doctor is a good idea as i could very well be wrong.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #6104
Popple

Thanks

Becky how old is Jasmine now? That is how much I weighed when I was born haha! I was a huge baby.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #6105
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

she is 5 weeks on Friday!
your poor mum Katy! cant imagine pushing her out at the size she is now!!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 16-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #6106
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
i was told that squirting breast milk in the babys eye helps with sticky eyes. i will prepare to be proven wrong though, it was my mum who told me and she last had a baby 8 years ago, so its probably not the right thing to do now.
That is still recommended and the perfect first line of treatment

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #6107
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Congratulations Katy

Yay for big babies! I was a 10 pounder and practically ran out

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #6108
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by effervescence View Post
That is still recommended and the perfect first line of treatment
ah, good to know!! :)

Jocelyn, i was 9lb 6oz when i was born, so i wasnt small, considering my mum is really petite and was 2.5lb when she was born!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 17-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #6109
squirrelspit

I am currently:

i am officially almost at my wits end.

We had such a good day yesterday, Oliver behaved like a proper baby, he was bright eyed and content having a look around when he was awake. He had good long naps and was lovely even though we had to go and get him his big TB jab. Stuart and i were able to eat dinner at the same time even instead of taking it in turns.

i though maybe we had turned a corner.

Today however we are back to him crying whenever he is not sleeping or eating. He woke up at 4.30am, it is now 1.45pm and he has slept for about 20 minutes in those 9 hours.

He is winded, he is fed, he is clean. we have been playing. ive tried him in a low lit quiet room. Ive tried carrying him around, ive tried putting him down.

I tried him in a sling but he just screamed so much he over heated himself. He hates being swaddled, he hates being in a swing chair. I have cut all dairy out of my diet incase hes allergic.

I dont know what to do.

Im wondering if hes not gettimg enough milk from me when he feeds. because we were out and about yesterday i had expressed some milk, he had 5oz in one go, but that amount had taken me pretty much the whole of the previous day to express.

I think when he nurses he stops drinking and just stays hanging on for comfort.

i dont know what to do. i seem to spend my whole time trying to get him to sleep because he is suh hard work when hes awake. i just wish he would sleep all the time.

When hes asleep i dread him being awake. i cant even go for a wee without him screaming the place down.

I really wish i had some good friends or that my mum or stuarts mum or just any family lived close by.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #6110
Stellata

He had a traumatic birth, and it's likely still effecting him.

[Experience - though not a Mum, I was a forceps premature birth, and was apparently the loudest baby in the prem unit, screaming....After I was taken home, my parents resorted to plying me with drops of brandy.Obviously not recommended. But if you're into complementary medicine at all there are various things that might help.]

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #6111
makedamnsure

I am currently:

^^ I was a forceps baby too although only 2 weeks premature.
My dad used to overdose me on Calpol (also not such a good idea!)
Couldn't be colic could it Charlie? I apparently never stopped screaming as a baby.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #6112
iejatguih

Colic is a possibility. I did the same as Oliver for months and months becuase I was really bad with Colic.

iejatguih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #6113
Stellata

Yeah, I had colic too, on top of/because of the trauma stuff.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #6114
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Chloe did this and she didn't have a traumatic birth and apart from the 9-13hrs she spent screaming - not crying, actually screaming in pain, she was content to be left to her own devices. At about 7 months it stopped being a daily occurence, and the length of the attacks got shorter. At 4 she still has the odd hour long bout of tummy ache. Ella had it but only for 4 hours and knocked off at 4months, she too still gets the odd bout.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #6115
squirrelspit

I am currently:

How did you cope Mand?

Old 17-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #6116
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Charlie I went through similar when ethan was a bit older.. I resorted to swinging car seat side to side for up to half an hour to get him to sleep! I'd look into cranial osteopathy if pos. How did the Doctors appt. go? Also I looked at this website when i had similar issues... http://www.cry-sis.org.uk/ There's LOADS of suggestions and they have a helpline thats 9am-10pm 7 days a week. Also, I'd suggest you see your health visitor on monday or ask for a home visit, you need some support hon x x x

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #6117
squirrelspit

I am currently:

it sounds stupid, but i keep trying to talk to people about it but then i end up crying and not actually being able to speak.

my mum called today and asked if i had taken him out on my own yet and i burst into tears and cried for so long that i just ended up hanging up and insisting she talk to me on facebook chat so that i could actually communicate.

People keep telling me to join the mother and baby clubs but im scared he'll cry the whole time and i'll disrupt it or no one will want to speak to me.

Mum said she'll take some time off work and will come visit next week from Thursday to Sunday. She also suggested topping up his feeds with formula.

I think we have very different ideas on stuff, shes quite old school (and is a nurse) so shes all like 'hes just being bossy, you should let him cry for a bit so he learns to put himself to sleep' and im kind of thinking that i dont want my baby to associate sleeping with the fear of being abandoned. The thought of him crying himself to sleep makes me sad.

I ordered gripe water and colief today so we shall see how they go.

Old 17-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #6118
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Find a cranial osteopath.

Please don't give him formula unless it's something you really want to do. If he does have a sore tummy formula will probably make it worse.

Is he putting on weight?

Don't be scared of making a scene at mums and babies groups - your baby won't be the only one like this and you need the advice/support/time out of the house/perspective.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #6119
squirrelspit

I am currently:

my mum said she will come to some mother and baby groups with me which is nice, cos im kind of anti social.

I have found a cranial osteopath, i will book an appointment tomorrow.

It took him 3 weeks to get back up to birth weight. i dunno what he is now though, we were discharged by the midwives.

Jocelyn, that link is amazing thank you.

Old 18-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #6120
makedamnsure

I am currently:

You wont be only one with screaming baby! I wouldnt take a bottle as a baby - once my mum had gone to hairdressers and left a bottle of expressed milk for me. I refused to drink it so my poor dad who didn't drive at the time had to catch a bus all the way to the hair dressers with me screaming the whole way. He said he felt awful. My mum apparently was loving having a break to get her hair cut and suddenly heard screaming the other side of the shopping centre and instantly knew it was me! They used to spend hours pushing me up and down the corridor most of the night so I would sleep. If they put me down and got me to sleep I would wake up screaming again the minute I left the room.

They love telling me what an evil baby I was!

It does sound like he may be in pain somewhere and just can't tell you so I'd really recommend a check up. Hopefully osteopath has some answers.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)