RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
*Positive Recovery Post* - Moving Forward. Easy Recipes?

Its been almost 4 weeks since I last binged and purged (Im really proud of that!). I know I need to expect hiccups but so far I have had a better start to becoming healthy than previous times I have tried.

I was really anxious about spending two weeks with fellow students, having to eat 3 meals a day and trying strange foods. It was hard, especially the first week, but I powered on through. I tried new meats such as Kudu and Wildebeest (which tastes amazing!), my portion sizes were better as the week went on and I felt a lot more comfortable eating around a large group of people. The evening banter helped a lot!

I knew coming home would be the hard part, its so easy to fall back into the destructive ways and I almost did. I was really sad to come home and that almost led me to fall back into the starving/binging/purging cycle again but I sucked it up and carried on.

Now, I really want to know if you have any easy, quick(ish) recipes for your favourite meals? I have already tried some different things but again, I get bored and that can lead me to go back to old habits, so I would love to hear some of your ideas.

Maybe we can have an RYL Recipe Book :)

PS - im hoping this is allowed? if not, please let me know and I will delete it/edit it accordingly x
PPS - Oh and also, I have a job interview Friday :D really need a new job as I don't enjoy my current job - another thing I learnt in Africa, do not force yourself to continue doing something you don't enjoy!

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

I'm so pleased and proud of you for all the progress you have made and that Africa was good. Sorry I'm crap with recipes :(

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Wonderland.

I don't know whether we are allowed to share recipies or not. But will ask mods. Hopefully we'll be allowed to share some healthy recipies. My mum has a couple of healthy living cookbooks. So if allowed I can share some of them. I have tried some and they are real tasty.

I can PM you with the cookbooks if you want - they aren't expensive. Just let me know :)

Well done on making strides forward in recovery!

Good luck with the interview :)

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

LOVE YOU GEMZ. :hug:

I'm SO proud of you, I think we are allowed to share meal plans if written by a dietician?, I have some recipes my dietician wrote out for me, Would I be allowed to share that?, I also have some meals I had when I was an IP...?

x x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Hi,

I'm not sure if someone has PRd this to get the mods opinion but as you're not doing food lists Im pretty sure its fine, we have had some recipe threads over the years that have always been allowed so share away :)

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thankyou for your replies guys! I hope it is ok to share HEALTHY recipes as at the end of the day we all know we need food for fuel. I thought maybe it would help others aswell as myself. I really struggle with ideas and enjoy trying new things, I really need some motivation too (especially today). I couldn't decide or think of what to have which led to me then binging...)
Please do share some things and I will share some of mine, maybe it can help others? I hope so, anyway! Xx

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #7
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Shall I kick things off?! I have a favourite recipe that I will share. It's basically spaghetti bolognese but with a difference. It is cooking 'from scratch' but really it's easy and you just chuck everything in like you would a jar sauce :)

This serves 4, you can half to serve 2 and so on.

Ingredients

Small diced onion (I use frozen diced onion from Iceland!)
1 cubed carrot
2 to 3 garlic cloves (you will need a garlic crusher/presser or you can just use a tsp of garlic paste)
2 stalks of celery, chopped into small chunks (I leave this out as I don't like celery)
1 courgette chopped into small chunks
300ml of beef or chicken stock
450g beef mince
600ml of passata (this comes in bottles and cartons in supermarkets, it is sieved tomatos, you can also use a carton of chopped tomatoes instead)
4 tbsp tomato puree
300g of pasta (something like fusilli or penne)
2 tsp mixed dried herbs
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Splash of worcestershire sauce

Dont be daunted by the ingredient list, it looks like it will be fiddly and time consuming but it's not!

Method:

Start by heating some oil (or using something like FryLight) in a large frying pan. Add in the beef mince, onion and garlic and fry until the mince has browned. (At this stage you can drain any juices if you wish).

If you have chopped your carrots, courgette and celery into very small pieces then here you chuck them into the frying pan with the mince etc, otherwise you need to cook them now in a saucepan of boiling water to soften slightly.

Next add in the mixed herbs, passata or tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Add the softened vegetables here if you decided to put them in the saucepan.

Preheat your oven to 180c or 350f.

Now you need to cook your pasta in a pan of boiling water, it usually takes between 8-12 minutes to cook to Al Dente (soft with a little bit of bite as it will continue to cook in the oven).

Now you put your pasta into the bottom of a largeish pyrex or ovenproof dish and on top put the beef/sauce from the frying pan. Give it a quick mix in the dish, and you can top it with cheese if you wish (anything you fancy- cheddar, parmesan, mozarella etc etc).

Cook in the centre of the oven until the cheese has melted, the top is golden and the sauce is bubbling away. This will take between 15-30 minutes depending on your oven, how much cheese you have used etc.

This is one of my absolute favourite dishes and well worth doing it from scratch. Feel free to add in other ingredients or remove others!

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)