RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:
Contains abuse - Aaaaaaaand I'm triggered (long post)

Last time I was in the hospital I was passing by an elderly man in a wheelchair, and he

grabbed at my arm. I shook my arm free and pulled away from him. All of a sudden, two nurses and a tech were

yelling at me, telling me to go to my room or sit down. Admittedly, after they said that, I became quite defiant, but not a danger or threat to myself or others. I put my pencil and paper down on the counter next to me so that if they were going to restrain me, they'd have free access and it wouldnt look like I was struggling. The tech argued with me for a while longer then dragged me to the seclusion room, me screaming "I have PTSD, please do not touch me!" As the nurse was saying my wishes weren't a big deal because a lot of people have PTSD. My problem is that I've never been treated for it. Anyway, I was in the back, pulling my nail polish off, and a man appeared in the window telling me if I continued I'd be put in restraints. I continued, ever the defiant woman, and I was immediately shoved to the bed (really a lump of hard plastic) and restrained to it. I was left there for an hour, screaming to be let out, and a nurse came in, told me to admit I was psychotic and contract for safety and I would be let out. I have never had a symptom of psychosis so this was confusing to me. I told her "it was psychotic behavior and it won't happen again, and I contract for safety" she told me she would talk it over with the other nurses. Then another hour later, after more screaming, a male not rise came in, and told me he was told I was picking at my and so I was put in restraints. I told him I wasn't. He left, and another hour later, another female nurse came in, telling me I refused to own up to my self harm. she said Doctor had ordered the restraints and only I could get myself out. I told her I was self harming because I was upset, even though I hadnt self harmed at all, just so she may let me out. Another hour passed and a third female nurse came in to check my blood sugar, accompanied by a male tech, who had decided then to tell me the doctor had ordered restraints for four hours and I would not be let out before then. Another five minutes passed and another female nurse came in, accompanied by the first male nurse, and unlocked the restraints.

Tl;dr, I was physically abused in the hospital and they told me I was psychotic and made me say I was which was very confusing and upsetting for me

So today on law and order somebody said something about restraining people and it just ruined my whole mood for the day. I don't even think the thought of watching the force awakens can cheer me up (if you know me at all, I'm a giant geek) so I'm just in a really fragile place right now and wanting to cut

X X X X

|-/

xxmoonxraverxx is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 19-04-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

Dear Moonraver,

It sounds like a horrific ordeal that you went through and I'm sure it has had a massive impact on how you see hospitals and help. Have you been to any groups or anything to talk through what has happened to you?

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)