RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
caz23

Trazodone losing effectiveness?

I was hoping someone could help me out a little here? Because I'm feeling somewhat confused!

Basically I was just wondering if anyone has experienced their meds just suddenly not working? I hope that this isn't the case for me because Trazodone really seems to suit me. But recently, as in the last two weeks, I've been experiencing mood swings (nothing major, but enough to notice) and have been feeling pretty miserable. I'm also starting to have trouble with my sleep again. These are no way as bad as they were before, but it's enough to make me worry because if I slip back to the way I was a few months ago I seriously don't think I'll cope. I just can't go through that again.

I've only been on it since the beginning of July, could it stop working in such a short space of time? And if that is the case adjusting my dose isn't going to be all that easy because I'm on 300mg which apparently is the highest you can be on as an outpatient. I don't really want to come off it either because it's really been helping my sleep and I don't have any side effects which is miraculous!

Argh, ok I'm blabbering on now, but I'm feeling a little bit panicky. I'm seeing my GP next week so I will speak toher about it, but I could just with some advice, reassurance or anything really in the meantime.

Sorry this is long and thanks for reading

caz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I'm on trazodone but its working fine for me so far.

But I had the same problem with mirtazapine which was why I switched to trazodone in the first place!

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
caz23

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad that Trazodone is working for you and long may it continue. It's been a bit of a wonder drug for me to be honest.

With the Mirtazapine, how long were you taking it for before you realised it wasn't working? And as for symptoms or whatever, did they come on gradually or were they pretty full on?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really don't want this to be what I think it is

Old 31-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
roiben
Insanity let loose

I am currently:

I know dependancies can build up with medications, which can make them less effective. It is worth discussing with the prescriber who will know best if you need the dose changed or switch to an alternative medicine

If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh

My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

roiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
caz23

Yeah I'm definately going to speak to my GP about it. Trouble is I don't think that I can change the dosage without being IP and I don't want to change meds again unless I really have to. Maybe I can have something added to it? IDK, this sucks, grrr! I'm so gutted, I really though I was getting somewhere

Old 04-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
xXMessedUpXx
And broken once more

I am currently:

Caz just wanted to say i'm having the exact same problem. I've been on it since july too and even had it put up to the max dose and i'm still feeling its not working like it was. To begin with it helped me sleep (it knocked me out) now it has little or no effect. Should speak to my doc/psych too but i'm worried cos i dont want to have to go through being on my 4th med in just under a year. *hugs*

Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up

xXMessedUpXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
caz23

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem, it's a bit sh*t ain't it?! I think you should speak to your GP or psych about it though. The prospect of changing meds is pretty crap, but it's got to be better than feeling like poop!

I saw my GP yesterday and she's going to call my psych and see if we can up my dosage or add another AD onto the Trazodone, possibly Mirtazapine. Urgh, I've got serious brain-ache over this!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)