RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
Lostwoman

I am currently:
Contains sexual abuse - Severely sexualy abused as a child

I am having a hard time dealing with the sexual abuse that I went through as a child. First if its OK I would like to share a bit of my story. I was molested by my mother and step father from the age of 3 until I was nearly 13. When I was about 6 they forced me to drink alcohol and by 8 they were holding me down and shooting me up with drugs so I would be more compliant. When I was 10 my mother left me and when I was 12 I had a miscarriage. It's been 20 years but I remember it all like it was yesterday. I am in counseling but I feel like its ruining my life!

Lostwoman

Lostwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:45 PM   #2
Lostwoman

I am currently:

She knows all about it. I keep on having new memories pop up in my sleep and this happened 20 years ago.

Lostwoman

Old 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM   #3
whirlpools

It sounds like a dreadful, prolonged trauma and betrayal by the very people who were supposed to protect you and I'm so sorry you had to endure it.

It sounds trite, but you survived, you're here, breathing and alive.

The journey through healing is likely to be a long one. At times it may be incredibly painful (and so you should have a clear plan for your safety and protection when things are overwhelming). It may feel raw sometimes, frustrating, or confusing at others. There may well be times when you feel freer and lighter, more connected and whole. This proces often isn't linear, though.

I think these memories, as tormenting as they must feel at times, are an indication that on some level your brain feels strong enough to want to try and process them.

I hope you can keep writing, owning your right to thoughts, feelings and your self as a whole, however you experience them.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #4
Lostwoman

I am currently:

I know this wasn't my fault but I still blame myself. I still say well if I had minded better they wouldn't have had to shoot me up with drugs or punish me by handcuffing me to the ceiling. I wish I didn't remember any of this! Recently I have started to remember the rape from my uncle when I was 14. I don't want to remember that either!

Lostwoman

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)