RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
Little Lost Clock

I am currently:
The STUPID things that people do/say?

Basically, weird customs, expressions, just THINGS that when thought about are actually quite weird / annoying.

1. Why do we shake hands as a greeting? Why would you want to shake someone else's sweaty paw, especially if you don't know them. Christ, they might have peed and not washed their hands!!

2. Why do people think it's acceptable to insult you, just along as they've assured you that they're not? For example, 'No offence, but i really don't like your outfit.' I mean what the hell is with that?

Little Lost Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
thefool

I am currently:

THANK YOU!! Some one that finally sees my point on hand shaking. I avoid it as much as I can. Not that Im being mean or anything, but you seriously dont know where that person's hand as been. Ew.

thefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

When people use the word 'literally' when they don't mean something literally at all.

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #4
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lost Clock View Post

Why do people think it's acceptable to insult you, just along as they've assured you that they're not? For example, 'No offence, but i really don't like your outfit.' I mean what the hell is with that?
Yes! See also, 'don't take this the wrong way, but...'

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #5
xxybermancer
D1G1TAL ATTR1T10N

I am currently:

Quote:
Basically, weird customs, expressions, just THINGS that when thought about are actually quite weird / annoying.

1. Why do we shake hands as a greeting? Why would you want to shake someone else's sweaty paw, especially if you don't know them. Christ, they might have peed and not washed their hands!!
Meh...I'd rather give hugs. =D

We're all just hosts for micro ogranisms. Chill out. We didn't beat the neanderthal with a weak immune system. ;P

xxybermancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
Little Lost Clock

I am currently:

People that say 'ohhhhhhhhhhhh i've done so badly on this assignment, i did no work for it, i'm so going to fail' blah blah blah and then they come out with the top grade. Bastards

Little Lost Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?

I am currently:

Quote:
People that say 'ohhhhhhhhhhhh i've done so badly on this assignment, i did no work for it, i'm so going to fail' blah blah blah and then they come out with the top grade. Bastards
Well said Hol.

&& then buffy staked edward. the end.

Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
Saving Grace
Lost in time. Lost in space. And in meaning...

I am currently:

What about that thing where someone eats something and says 'eurgh that's vile.....try one!' I mean, like I'm actually going to try it now!

I come to you old friend with a dull clarity of the dead not to beckon you but to feel the fire and intensity that still live in you... and the heavy weight of your burdens which I had once borne. There is truth you know, friend, if that's all you seek, but there's no justice or judgment without which truth is a vast... dead... hollow.
Go back. Do not look into the abyss or let the abyss look into you; awaken the sleep of reason and fight the monsters within and without.

Saving Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #9
hellz

I am currently:

how about the people that critisise you for drinking when they regularly finish 2 bottles of wine with a meal and then say wine at dinner doesnt count? its still alcohol duh

No comment

hellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #10
rainb0w.sparkl3s
0.o

I am currently:

when people assume that because im tall i play basketball.

do i assume that because their short that their a jockey? NO, NO I DONT.

but now when people shorter than me ask if i play basketball i say no but are you a jockey??? hehe

YES I AM TALL BUT NO I DO NOT PLAY BASKETBALL!!!!

*rant over* lol

We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have been in the darkness. By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.

David Weatherford

feel free to add or email me =]

rainb0w.sparkl3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #11
magic_heart

I am currently:

I know this is stealing Peter Kay's ideas but -

why do people say happy as larry? I really want to know why people say that I dunno where it came from.

x x x

magic_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #12
Saving Grace

I am currently:

It irritates me when I do an ebay search for 'size 9 heels' and it comes back with a bunch of stuff labelled 'tranny interest'. I mean come on. I just have big feet!

I come to you old friend with a dull clarity of the dead not to beckon you but to feel the fire and intensity that still live in you... and the heavy weight of your burdens which I had once borne. There is truth you know, friend, if that's all you seek, but there's no justice or judgment without which truth is a vast... dead... hollow.
Go back. Do not look into the abyss or let the abyss look into you; awaken the sleep of reason and fight the monsters within and without.

Old 13-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #13
EmmaM
Guinness World Record Holder

I am currently:

I recently found out the meaning of 'pull the other one' or 'he's pulling your leg'
I was watching most haunted and the historian said how the phrase came from events at public hangings. Apparently people used to pull on the legs of the condemned in order to speed up their asphyxiation.

EmmaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #14
EmmaM
Guinness World Record Holder

I am currently:

I was thinking the other day actually:
Scented toilet roll, does it make your poo smell of roses? NO I can honestly say it does not! what's the point of it?

EmmaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #15
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

high fives. i just dont get it.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #16
xxybermancer
D1G1TAL ATTR1T10N

I am currently:

How some one will own a one million dollar sports car and live in an apartment.

xxybermancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #17
Saving Grace

I am currently:

Whose idea were the smelly tampons? Who sat there and said 'i have a fantastic idea - it'll be a hit! LEt's make tampons smell flowery.' Is there some sort of tampon sniffing delight that I've been missing out on?

Old 13-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #18
Champion

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaM View Post
I was thinking the other day actually:
Scented toilet roll, does it make your poo smell of roses? NO I can honestly say it does not! what's the point of it?
The point is to please people like me!
I have a weird as obsession with toilet paper. You know how everyone has that strange 'thing'? Loo roll is mine

Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #19
Saving Grace

I am currently:

'Bob's your uncle!'

What's that one about? I know there must be people with an actual real life Uncle Bob, but i don't have one. Who was the one true original Uncle Bob?

Old 14-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #20
_plastic

I hate when people look at you when you are depressed and say "ah now what ? look at that face ! can't you just smile life is pretty ..."
uh **** off people i hate you as if you know what is it like to be ****ing depressed if you really know you wouldn't have said that bullshit!

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)