RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Ancalagon

The Christian SIers thread

This one grew pretty large on the old forum, so I'm starting it up again over here. There's quite a few Christian SIers on here, or those who have been able to stop, myself included.

As a mini-profile of myself, I was saved when I was 6 and have been a Christian ever since. I really got serious about my faith when I was 17. I started cutting when I was 19 but stopped when I was around 22, and haven't in about 2 years. I didn't do anything specific to stop; the closer I got to God and others around me, the less I needed it.

To me, having a strong and continually growing relationship with God, is more important than stopping a bad habit. The way I see it, if I get that relationship in place, I won't need to cut. And that's been consistent over the past year or so, when my walk is at a strong place, I never want to cut. (outside of random, off the wall, out of nowhere urges occasionally -- curiosity/boredom urges, not coping urges)

Soooo welcome everyone, make yourselves at home. Feel free to discuss, ask questions, share prayer requests, etc.

Edit 12/18/08: Wow, this thing sure has grown since I created it. I'm happy to see so many people participating, I haven't been on the site in quite some time. If you ever want to contact me, I get a notification in my email Inbox which I check every few days, and I'd be glad to hear feedback or anything else you want to say. And of course feel free to keep the thread going here!

~
Psalm 103:1-5

Everyone is welcome here, even if you've never posted here before, there's no such thing as intruding in this thread!

Last edited by random.swirls : 06-05-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Removing Easter egg!!
Ancalagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
rainb0w.sparkl3s
0.o

I am currently:

yay for christian thread =D

im excited.

im kahli. been a christian for a few years.

=D

We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have been in the darkness. By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.

David Weatherford

feel free to add or email me =]

rainb0w.sparkl3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

Oh, I've been wondering about this thread. :D I'm a Christian too, Catholic to be exact. Been Catholic all my life.

Kisses, Deena

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
huggybear
imagine...

I am currently:

i'm gald to see this thread back!!

I too am Catholic and have been for just 2 years! But ive been a Christian longer!

Jesus definately helps me to survive when i need him the most.

Charlotte x

huggybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
southern_bell

I am currently:

I'm a Christian as well, but lately i have been having a hard time reconciling the fact that God is perfect and loving and all-powerful, but all these crappy things are still happening to me. No, I don't believe that God is 'doing' mean things to me, but He allows them to happen; He has the power to stop them from happening! I know there is probably a lesson to learn from all of this, and when I am on the other side of it things will be alot clearer, but right now I am just angry and upset.

southern_bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
Everlong

I am currently:

I'm not a full believer in Christianity, or religion for that matter, l think it causes more problems than it solves but.

If there was no evil in the world, there would be no Good. Without hardship there would be no compassion, without pain there would be no pleasure. Infact if we didnt have the negative (and possitive) we would become emotionless. There is a balance, if you look hard enough, but l suppose you can find anything if you look hard enough.

Even the bad things that happen to you, there will be some possitive that come out of it, maybe not now, maybe not even to you, but there will be possitive outcomes from bad ones, and vice versa.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #7
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

I believe in God with no doubt.
But I wish I didn't.
I wish I'd never gone to that Christian festival and seen things you can't explain, felt things you can't explain.
I'd rather not believe in God, then believe in a father who doesn't love me.

Yeah, me being a very self pitying and emo, just a few thoughts.

Old 29-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
Antarctica
The Lost Poet

I am currently:

am a former SI Christian
iv been apart of churches my hole life

iv not done any self harm in about a year now
and I was filled with the holy ghost 2 weeks ago at a Christian camp which I went to for about a week

i then went a few days later and gave a testimony about my life growing up and the terrible things that happen to me and my cutting and suicide past in front of 150 people during a service there trying to provide not only insight and hope to many people but some knowledge into some of the reasons for suicide and cutting

i would say it went amazing had 3 people after the service talk to me about there cutting
and at least 10 more serious talks about life with others

and i seem to touch half the camp and i went on to win the award they gave out to the single most outstanding Christian character of camp 2007

anyway my life right now is going beyond my wildest dreams i ever thought and am about to be published for some poetry

and thats what has been going on the past 2 weeks for me
anyway God is awesome!

its hard to say if life is a sad thing or a joy
because some look at it as rainbows and flowers
and some look at it as graves and funerals
because the horrible things will happen
but the great things will happen
it seems are attitudes define it more then the roads we travel
all I know is that I could look at is as a curse or a blessing
ether way its my choice to be positive or negative.

Antarctica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
Infatuated

I am currently:

I never posted in this thread on v.2. but I sometimes read other peoples posts. So, yes. I have been a christian for many years and have been S.I.'ing for over 2 years.
Although I'm not really sure how I feel about God and all that anymore. My thoughts change too much.

Infatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
whispers

I am currently:

Ooh, I never posted on this thread before, but I like it :)

I'm a Christian. Catholic also, actually.

southern_bell, I know what you mean, I've felt like that so, so many times. But for me, now, it's not so much "God is letting all this bad stuff happen to me", more "Okay, bad stuff happens, but it's not because He doesn't love us, and He can help us through it". I could go into all the reasons I believe there has to be suffering in the world, but I won't =P. Although, right now I'm reading "The Pain That Heals : The Place of Suffering in the Growth of the Person", by Martin Israel. I really haven't had a chance to get into it, but it looks good, and it's interesting. Anyway, I hope you're okay *squish*

Christian, that really sounds amazing, I'm so glad you've been able to experience all that! :)

whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 10:26 PM   #11
saphía

I am currently:

My church is my home away from home, infact its probably more my home than my real home is. I love my church, all the people who are so wonderful. I struggle a lot with SI because of that. I play a large role in my church, im one of 9 worship singers, i help at kids clubs, and stuff like that, so it makes me feel so hypocritical standing there on a sunday morning when i know that that week i lost it and cut again.
At the moment im struggling with God, i definately believe in him, just sometimes i really struggle believing that he has a plan for me.

~*~Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out - but to see who cares enough to break them down ~*~
To the people who have continually broken down my walls, thank you, you are real friends who i will never forget. xxx

saphía is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #12
Artychik
Tired and Confused

I am currently:

good to see this thread up and running again

don't really feel like posting just now.... but I shall be back

Sarah x

Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #13
spiffykt
Cute like Pikachu

I am currently:

Yay, I remember this thread!

I just went on a mission trip last week, it was INCREDIBLE and reminded me how awesome God is. :3

And now I'm writing something that's part testimony part autobiography, and I really hope it comes to something worthwhile!

<3 <3 <3
Katie

spiffykt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
Porphy
The Rain Set Early In Tonight

Location: The 'official' Middle-of-Nowhere! Namely, a tiny little village in the South-West.
I am currently:

*Shrugs* I'm meant to be a Christian, Baptist if you want the exacts. However, lately I've been airing dangerously towards atheism. It's a long scale between God and nothing and I feel like I've travelled it all. The problem is I'm a new Christian (saved... a year August 11th), so I suppose it's just the fragility of it all.

I don't know. *Grumble* Damn Cartesian Perfections in confliction with Evil.

*Grumble* S'made even worse by being a religion boff.

Anyway, nice to see you all!

Porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #15
huggybear
imagine...

I am currently:

bumps this thread!!

huggybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #16
</3.Miss.Abigail.</3
Life Is Wasted On Me

I am currently:

I was *saved* last year.

And became a devoted Christian .

But now I'm not so sure about it all...It's all really confusing me.

It's so strange. I went from beign totally involved with ym church, to hating all religion, to not being sure. Hmm...it's confusing.

Yeah,t his was a pointless post, sorry abotut hat!!

xx+abbii+xx

She Was Kinda Fragile
And She Had Alot To Grapple With
But Basically She Kept It All Inside....

[Abigail{Loves}James]

</3.Miss.Abigail.</3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #17
Silent Tears

I am currently:

I've been a real Christian as it were for past 2 and a bit years...I love God so much...but that doesn't mean my life's easy...I get mad with him for why things happened at times...I hate to admit it...I don't feel worthy to be loved by him...but deep down I know I am...and without him I wouldn't be here today

Pointless post...sorry

Silent Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #18
silentgirl

I am currently:
"hugs this thread" Can i live on it? lol

"hugs this thread and never lets it go"

Yeah, dont worry, ive already been told that i am quite strange with things that i do/say.

Ive been a christian since i was 13 but i have had my plenty of ups and downs with it over the years.
My major thing that i dont understand/makes me feel really guilty is that of being a christian SIer...... i dont think i have to say much on that because if people have seen my posts and well yeah the title of this thread.... oh im babbling....

Stupid question, but i wanted to ask anyways, but can we post like anything? i dont exactly mean anything, but anything in the sense of Chrisstian stuff/questions and stuff to do with our struggles etc?

Lols, i may live on this thread because i dont have many christian friends who understand Christiananity or self harm......

i think ive said enough for one post lol.

god bless

Hannah

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:14 AM   #19
Ancalagon

The last thread had plenty of Christian discussion and questions about faith and Jesus and just about everything, so you should be able to post all that as long as it doesn't break the rules.

Ancalagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:32 AM   #20
*broken-play-thing*
I don't know how to live on anymore. . .

I am currently:

Do you think cutting is a sin that will have to be confessed (to the preist, bishop, etc, whatever your church believes in) before we can get forgiven for it? And if we confess, and do it again, is that really bad? Like Damnation material? Just curious what people thought. I mean, I feel bad about cutting, burning, etc, and I feel like it is wrong, but . . . I don't know how to stop yet.

Last edited by *broken-play-thing* : 09-07-2007 at 04:56 AM.

"I cannot change the past, but my future is my chance to prove I can change."

"Sometimes our deepest wounds, are the ones we inflict on ourselves."

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

*broken-play-thing* is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)