RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-11-2015, 01:59 AM   #1
RugbyChick
RugbyChick

New here! I have therapy questions?

Hello everyone,
I'm so glad I found this forum because it's been hard figuring out what to do and what not to do to get better. Self harm has been a problem for me for 13 years.... And recently I told my family, friends, fiancée the truth so I'm going to start therapy in December. My question is- does therapy help or does it cause more stress ? I'm curious because I've never received any help for this problem and I'm still trying to figure out what the best option is for me at this time.

RugbyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 26-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
XxDarkenedHeartXx

I am currently:

I think therapy is mostly positive, right?
Everyone has their own opinions of their own therapy - for me it was something that caused a lot of distress and I never felt like whatever I said was all that I wanted to say. It's hard to describe.

I'm sure that the first couple of times it will be stressful, but you get used to it the longer you're in therapy. It's supposed to help, so I'm more than sure that you will benefit from it! x

---------------
I wasn’t strong enough
And you didn’t give enough
When I needed you
I needed you

XxDarkenedHeartXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #3
Wonderland.

Therapy is like a journey. You have to work through difficult emotions and go into perhaps difficult traumas/events to actually resolve the underlying reason as to why you use self harm as a means of coping. So it will raise difficult emotions but will build you with the skills to actually deal with them in a positive manner. That tends to be the idea anyway.

It's not easy and it's not a quick fix by any means but it is worth it for a lot of people in the end.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:50 AM   #4
michael james
michael james

I am currently:
Stressful can be

Hi
I have self-harmed on and off for many years. I have done many therapies and even had a long term treatment placement. Yes therapy can be very stressful and can even make things worse for awhile. Facing up to why you self-harm and how to deal with the emotions that come to light can be very difficult. However, therapy will help you, it really will. Please don't worry about it will workout in the end. I wish you all the best and every success in doing therapy.
From
Michael

michael james is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)