RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-03-2008, 03:08 AM   #41
Getting_There_Monkey
What! I'm not a tree!

I am currently:

its different with me now i have left school. even though my bullies never apologised i forgave them anyway but when i left school the bullying stopped even if i saw the gang of them out on the streets *confused*
they take it out on us so they try and make others feel what they are going through so they dont feel as alone

sorry i shouldnt have joined in *wanders away again*

If you don't like how things are, change it. You are not a tree!

Getting_There_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #42
amberzak

I am currently:

Hey.

I am 24 now, but I was bullied horribly in school, and even now I get paranoid thoughts when people in my University class start giggling - even though I know they are not bullying me now and often they are my friends. It is still a reaction. We don't want to be hurt again, do we.

My mum didn't understand. She never does. If I told her about being bullied, her response was always "What did you do to make them do that." and when I said nothing, she would say "People don't bully people for no reason." She still believes I brought it on myself - sometimes I believe that too.

I used to try and stay where teachers were to protect myself. My head teacher was great, and one time when a bully pushed me to the edge during PE, and I retaliated, me an the bully got detention for fighting. The headteacher saw me hidden away crying and asked what was wrong. Eventually, I told her. She ripped up the detention slip and had words with the bully. Of course the bully bullied me more, and I was too afraid to tell anyone, but the head teacher did try and help me.

I think she knew more was going on, because she was always supportive and she would be in the canteen most lunch times, but some of the other teachers turned a blind eye to it all, and the bullies were careful not to get caught.

Sorry, this is a long one.

"The meek will inherit the Earth"
Matthew 5v5

amberzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #43
Stellata

It's good you had some teachers who were supportive. All those at my school, infant, junior and secondary, ignored it. Even when the bullies were throwing chairs at me and flicking ink all over me in lessons... They ignored it for the full decade it went on. And then criticised me for lacking in confidence because I was bullied, when doing my references for uni!

It's no wonder that I sometimes wonder if I really do exist, if I really am visible in a positive sense.
The powerlessness and despair that I buried back then to survive, I am feeling it now, and I hope that feeling will help me heal....

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #44
amberzak

I am currently:

Hey. That is really sad. a bit of me wants to be a teacher so I can try and stop bullying. Instead I am going into filmaking, and I am trying to make a film soon about bullying.

Yes I did have support from the head teacher. However, she left when I was in year 9. as far as i know, she had many arguements with the governers as sh wanted to implement anti bullyng policies and in those days it wasn't accepted in public schools very often that bullying even happened.

Then we had a head teacher who believed that bullying built character.

"The meek will inherit the Earth"
Matthew 5v5

amberzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #45
lolly_x

sigh i'm about to give up so don't worry

Old 23-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #46
airwolf282

I am currently:

I hope it's ok if I share my experiences.

I suffered terribly from bullying from about age 12 onwards. It went from simple words and threats to being physically assaulted. Someone even made collect calls to my mum at home pretending to be me. When I was really lucky my dad would be home and he knew how to deal with it. I could always ask him for help. He wrote a letter directly to the school principal which I hand delivered to him. Four students were given a last warning before expulsion. My dad lived overseas at the time and it was my mum who looked after us but she really had no idea about bullying and thought it was normal and that I should just grow a thicker skin. I left school at 15 to do an apprenticeship. Partly to get away from school but mainly to earn an income and be independant. But it didn't stop there either. I copped more threats and taunts there too. Some older guys slammed my hand under the bonnet of a car. The boss found out about it and still no disciplinary action was taken at all. Probably because the boss couldn't stand me and wanted to get rid of me. They tend to dislike people who tell things exactly how they are. Now at 26 I know to fight back and to make complaints about bullying in the workplace. The problem is that it's now so widespread that it's just a part of life, well in blue collar work anyway. I complained about it in my last job and retribution came from the boss himself because the person responsible was one of the boss's 'buddies'. Anyway I lost it then I told the boss that I was leaving but if I ever saw him again I'd kill him.

I don't know what can be done about verbal bullying but there is something you can do if being physically assaulted. All you have to do is go to the police and take out a restraining order against those responsible. Then they will not be allowed at your school or workplace or anywhere near you BY LAW.

"For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know"
-Pinned to a noticeboard at the US Command Post in Khe Sanh.

Tears of Solitude = my wonderful sister

airwolf282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)