RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
is it bullying?

Well i have this friend who sometimes hits me, well not exactly hits me but she causes pain,for example she hits my back with a lot of strength and she does other things that annoy me, like taking a pen and painting my face or my hands or my books, but she insists she does everything for fun.she says that she doesn't do these to hurt me but to have fun.she says she likes my face when she paints something on my books, my annoyed face.she finds it so funny.i have tried talking to her but she says that she doesn't really mean all these things.

is it bullying?i haven't told anyone because i don't want to get her into trouble, as she is my best friend.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Stellata

Well, she's violating your boundaries. And for her personal gain and enjoyment. Despite the fact that you clearly are uncomfortable and hurt by it.
Why is she still your best friend?

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

she doesn't do these to hurt me.i can't really explain it but i see it in her face that she doesn't want to hurt me.she sometimes causes pain(and she knows that it causes pain and everytime she does it harder)because i say something that is cute or because an expression of my face is cute or because im sweet or cute.did i make sense?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 12-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
Stellata

But you tell her it hurts you and she still carries on?

Yes, it kind of makes sense. But it still sounds invasive to me. There's other ways she could express her feelings that are more comfortable to you and less intrusive. Maybe you could discuss this with her.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

she does it unconsiously.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 12-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
Stellata

In that case, you can help her become more conscious of what she's doing and how it effects you.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #7
Chrissyann

It sounds like bullying to me hunni. A bully's common reasoning is that they don't mean to do it. They think saying sorry erases what's happened. But deep down, they know exactly what they're doing. You've told her that you don't like what she does, and that it hurts.... and yet she still does it again and again. Try talking to her again, and make sure that she understands that if she does it again, you will keep away from her or something. If she finds hitting someone fun, then there's something wrong hun. Especially if she hits her friend. It's obviously upsetting you, and if she truely was your friend, she would realise that and not do it again.

Take care hun
*hugs*
Chrissy
xxx

Chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Popple

if you have made it clear to her you want her to stop
then yeah I would say it is

*huggles*

katy
xx

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #9
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

Thanks!i will try talking to her the next time she does it.if she doesnt understand i dont know what ill do.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 17-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
Chrissyann

Well done hunni. Just play it by ear. Don't plan what you're going to do, because if the situation is different to what you were expecting, you wont know what to do. Go in with an open mind. She might listen this time, and everything might be ok. If she doesn't understand, just walk away from her and think about what you're going to do then.

Good luck sweetie
*hugs*
Chrissy
xxx

Chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #11
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

Thanks so much!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)