RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
Sleepless123

I am currently:
Section 5(2)

I was an informal patient on a psych ward but last night I got upset because I found out my Consultant has lied to me about something and so I asked to leave.

The on call psychiatrist came and has put me on a section 5(2). I haven’t been given any paperwork or read my rights. I need paperwork in large print.

Is anyone able to tell me more about section 5(2) please? It’s the first time I’ve been sectioned.

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

A 5(2) is a 72 hour holding section.
It's just until your regular doctor can see you and assess you properly to see if you can remain informal, leave, or be put on a section 2, which is for 28 days.
They try to keep the least restrictive option so if you agree to stay informally and just explain that you were upset at the time then they shouldn't need to section ypu further.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #3
Sleepless123

I am currently:

They said they will be doing a mental health act assessment. Is that what you mean? Who is there? What happens please?

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #4
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Yes they assess whether you need to be sectioned or not.
There are usually 2 or 3 professionals made up of a doctor and an AMHP (approved mental health practitioner) who is usually a social worker or nurse.
They just ask you questions about how you are and what's going on, what lead to your admission and if you are happy to stay informally. Or they could discharge you if they don't feel you need to be there.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 11:13 PM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Do you want to talk about what upset you? How did the MHA go?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 11:14 PM   #6
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Also, ask the nursing staff for your ‘132 rights’, they should have given you these by now. It’s essentially a piece of paper that explains your rights under the section.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)