Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
hope16
Accepting that i'm in recovery

New and looking for support

Hi. I have never been apart of a forum as long as i've been in my eating disorder, 10 or 11 years. One of my therapists recommended i look for online support because the only place i currently feel emotional safe and comfortable being my self is at groups once a week. I've become all to dependent on therapy making it the only place i can talk and express myself. I hold on to all the emotions, anxiety and sadness until therapy and it comes close to destroying me, and does debilitate me.

I finished treatment in july for my ed and have been in aftercare since. I still have a ton of anxiety. I barely go to church anymore because of it. I have few friends non treatment related, and those that i do have don't understand me. It's lonely, most of the time.

I'm trying to get back into yoga or find something i like to do in terms of movement. I don't have a ton of interests. But i'm here, and in general i'm doing better, better than i have been in months. I'm hopeful, and hopeful that this good place i'm in lasts a while. If someone reads this long post i'm grateful. Thanks.

hope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 02-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

Hello and welcome to ryl. I hope you find what you are looking for here. It's good that you are hopeful and hopefully this will continue.

Take care,
Lorraine

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:13 AM   #3
hope16
Accepting that i'm in recovery

Thank you Lorraine.

hope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Hi there, welcome ro RYL.

I hope you find the support you need here.

Take care,
Steph

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #5
dreamygirl

I am currently:

Welcome ♡ I'm new too! I'm so glad that you're feeling better and better. Yoga sounds great, I used to do that. There's also tai chi which is meant to be a gentle sport! ♡

dreamygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)