Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #1
Successful.Failure
I have no control.

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - I don't know how to stop.

I think I figured out my problem: I don't know how to stop hurting myself. I keep telling myself that I can, and that I'm going to and blah blah blah. All the while I'm lying to myself, I'm subconsciously picking scabs on my arms or something.

It is so frustrating. I don't know what to do, I feel like I can't control myself. Worst of all, I feel like as much as I want to stop, I really don't want to. Maybe deep down, I have to keep hurting myself. I don't know, it sounds stupid and I just needed to throw that out there.

Last edited by Successful.Failure : 28-03-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Clarifying a sentence.

In this house, we stan the Diamondbacks.

Successful.Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
RadioActiveCheezPuff

I am currently:

Well, SI can have a big impact on your life, so it does make sense. You just need to find ways to make things easier, ways to deal with why you do it and all. *hugs*

"You've used and abused me, but you will NOT destroy me!" Alice Liddell. Alice: Madness Returns

RadioActiveCheezPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
crazykat
Fight for another day

You don't have to keep hurting yourself, you can have a better life for yourself. Self-harm is an addiction which is why it can be so hard to break free from. However having said that, it is not impossible you can break free from it. It is about identifying why you do it? What your triggers are? Also self-harm is a coping mechanism so it is about finding some new coping mechanisms to deal with the difficult things. Anyways I hope this gives you a few things to think about. Remember recovery is hard but it is also so very rewarding. Best of luck with it all. Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Cazki
14/6/2007 -

I am currently:

Self harm is very unhealthy and if you really do want to stop, you need to try and look at healthier ways of coping with your self harm such as distractions. There are lots of ways that you can distract yourself such as reading, listening to music, going for a walk, you could also look at The Big Distractions Page http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ead.php?t=1403

Maybe you are not ready to stop yet, only you can make that decision. You have to want to stop self harming. If you really do want to stop harming yourself then i advise you to make an appointment with your doctor to talk about things. Do you have anyone close to you who you could talk to?

Take care best wishes Ian

Last edited by Cazki : 28-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.

14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #5
Successful.Failure
I have no control.

I am currently:

I know I have to want to stop, and I honestly made myself believe that I did. I guess I just don't have an actual reason to or something. I don't really have anyone I can talk to about it; I'm a bit of a loner at school, and my parents are gone all the ****ing time. I tried to talk to my school counselor for help, but they all regard students like we're some sort of burden on their day or something.

The college I'm attending next year has counselors designed specifically for personal problems like this and addiction, so I'll try that. That's so far away, though, I just don't know what to do.

In this house, we stan the Diamondbacks.

Successful.Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
crazykat
Fight for another day

You can recover from this, just take it one step at a time. Maybe you start by setting yourself a small goal, like I am going to try not harm for the next day/hour/week. Remember to set it so it's realistic though, sometimes people have to go from one hour to the next and that's perfectly okay. Then you can slowly build yourself up to a higher goal when your ready. Also having a plan in place helps too, write yourself a list of things you can do to distract yourself. Whether it's going for a walk, ringing someone, coming online or even painting your nails. If you need more ideas Ian has posted the link above for distractions. You may also want to add another list if you want of reasons you want to stop. Write up this list and have it somewhere you can easily access it when you need. Just take it one step at a time, you will get there. Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)