Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 05:16 AM   #1
CoffeeCrystal92
TBI Survivor

I am currently:
I tested positive for Herpes :(

I got tested for sexually transmitted diseases and my test came back positive for Herpes. I do not know who infected me or when I was infected. Herpes takes about 4 months to show up after original infection date.

I am not handling he news that I have herpes very well, I have not left my bed very often after I got the news. After I got the news, I called the guy I have been seeing and told him about my results. After I told him, he freaked out and ended up in physic ward in the hospital.

J, the guy I have been seeing, is not upset at me but, he is supper paranoid about having Herpes himself. J has to wait 4 months to get tested for herpes and he is not handling it well.

I do not think I will be able to handle it if I gave him Herpes, I do not know what I would do but, all I can do now is hurry up and wait.

Please be safe

CoffeeCrystal92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
CoffeeCrystal92
TBI Survivor

I am currently:
How to handle being positive or Herpes

I tested positive for herpes, I do not know who infected me or when I was infected. The guy who I have been having sex with totally freaked out when I told him I was positive. The longer he freaks out the worse I feel but I do not tell him that.

Please be safe

CoffeeCrystal92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
~SuNsHiNe~

I am currently:

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty coming to terms with the diagnosis and that your partner is also struggling with it. Do you have support around you and information about how to manage your symptoms?

"just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a beautiful butterfly..."

~SuNsHiNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
Sketchy

I am currently:

Welcome to Ryl. I'm sorry for what you are going through. I hope you get the support you need posting here.

Lorraine

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #5
Morpheus

I suggest that you talk to your gynochologist on how best to handle the symptoms, discomfort and how to reduse risk on passing it on. they should have told you as you were diagnosed.

Lots of people live with this, its one of the most common sti's so you are not that abnormal and a normal sexlife is still possible, you just need to be careful especially when you have break outs. i do understand how a diagnosis like this is not fun to get though.

Den fuldkomne kærlighed,
Kan ikke eksistere blandt ufuldkomne

Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #6
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Hi there,

Welcome to RYL, I am sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time.

If you would like support for this, you might be better off posting it in one of the support forums instead. As this is the introductions forum, not many members look through this board, so in the support forums you are likely to receive more support to help you through this.

Take care

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)