Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #21
chinahorse

I am currently:

I'm so sorry to hear that angel. Can you ask for a repeat of your bloods for vitamin levels etc? Can you see a different gp?

I'm in so much pain today. I could use some supprt guys.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #22
Juniperi

I'm sorry you're in pain. You deserve to feel better than this and I'm sorry that things are as they are *gentle hugs*

Juniperi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #23
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Good idea for a thread!

I'm Sarah and I have fibromyalgia which gives me widespread muscle and joint pain as well as exhaustion and near daily headaches. Also I have severe irritable bowel syndrome which gives me pretty bad abdominal pains as well as constipation so bad I now rely on using an anal irrigation system daily to poo. All of this really gets me down. I don't take any painkillers other than paracetamol and ibuprofen, but I am being referred to pain management to talk about things. I already take pregabalin for my anxiety and it's not really had any effect on my pain. Twice now I've ended up in A&E screaming with acute abdominal pain and both times they didn't have a clue what caused it so I kind of fear that happening again. I've also had surgery to remove my gallbladder but I still get pain in my side and shoulder!

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #24
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Hi Sarah.
That sounds toughand frustrating.

I woke up this morning not being able to move my neck properly. When I do it hurts so much.
I'm hoping I just slept funny and it will loosen during the day.

I feel like I could do with a good massage but I'll have to wait till physio tomorrow.

Even my right shoulder seems a bit stiff.

I'm not massively worried because I have issues with the joints in that area so it could just be a flare up from sleeping in a strange position but hoping it will ease soon. I feel so uncomfortable.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:03 AM   #25
Escaping Sadness

I am currently:

Hi, I'm new to this thread but not this site. My name is Stephanie and I have a patellofemural condition caused by a deformity of the cartilage in my knees. The condition is also worsened by smaller, less significant issues. I'm knock-kneed, which sets my legs out of alignment and causes painful lateral movement. I also have hypermobility syndrome, which makes it very easy for me to experience dislocations. I have been experiencing chronic pain from my combined conditions for about 4 or 5 years now. I haven't seen much improvement.

Escaping Sadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #26
Bear
Partially hibernating

I am currently:

Hi all I'm Lani.
I have multiplie sclerosis, ehlers danlos syndrome., ME. and several other conditions.
I am constantly in severe pain and cope by living on high doses of fentanyl and oxycodone. It still doesn't take much of the pain away though.
I like to try and spread awareness of EDS.
Love to you all xxx

Three cheers for love of the simplest kind.
The coins I flip land on their sides.

Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:38 AM   #27
Starless

I am currently:

Hey.

I"m Sarah and I've been in pain for nearly 6 years.
Most intensely in my back, but also sometimes in my hands and feet.
I've seen a neurologist, rheumatologist and doctor, and no one knows why I'm in pain.
I have trouble communicating with medical professionals, and don't ever feel like I'm being taken seriously.

My heart goes out to all of you that also live with daily pain.

Some of us fall by the wayside
Some of us soar to the stars
Some of us sail through our troubles
And
some have to live with
the scars

Starless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:25 PM   #28
chinahorse

I am currently:

Hey Sarah sorry to hear your story and welcome :)

Hey lanI welcome sorry things are rough.

Hey stephanie. Welcome.

Kate did physio help? It's rough when you wake up in pain.

It'd be great if we could all support each other a bit more here.

Old 19-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #29
[Luna]

I am currently:

How is everyone doing?

[Luna] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #30
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

A bit anxious. Going to pain management clinic to be taught how to use a TENS machine this afternoon. Not sure how that is going to go.

I just desperately hope it helps a bit because nothing is so far :\

How are you Luna?

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #31
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I@m really struggling with pain. I@m out of morphine until the 12th and I don't know how tocope. the tramadol isn't helping much and i'm in agony. I've tried baths, essential oils, massage, all sorts. Its my joints. they keep popping out.

it'll be ages before i get my rhumetology appointment and then when I get the letter i have to wait another 6 weeks. i don't think i can but it costs too much to go private.

to add to it i had dental surgery last friday and i'm still in agony from that. the stitches are coming loose and hurting and theres a flap of gum that keeps mpving around irrtating my mouth. I bought clove oil today so hopefully that will help.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #32
chinahorse

I am currently:

Step I hope it helps. Its so demoralising when nothing does.

Jodie I'm so sorry to hear that love. You have a dental appointment tomorrow right?
I don't kow much about joints but do braces help? I know it'd cost a lot but I also know you do have money. And if th pain is tgat bad you deserve to go private.
In the mean time can you go back to the gp?

How're you Luna?

I'm up and down. I got a small amount of morphine which helps and I'm hopeful I'll not get any worse with all the changes I've made. Yoga has really helped along with a better diet.

Old 19-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #33
MMarie

I am currently:

Hi all my name is Marie (I'm new!)

Two years ago I was in an accident at work. I had my right hand crushed in an industrial ice chipper. The first two fingers of that hand were mangled (I almost lost them) the knuckle of my pointer finger was shattered and snapped around at a 90 degree angle (I could see the bone sticking out.) My plastic surgeon was amazed he could save it, but I'll never have full mobility back in those two fingers.

Winter is the absolute worst for me. The second my hand is exposed to the cold the entire thing seizes and begins to ache dreadfully. The two fingers I damaged the most go completely numb the second the cold hits.

I'd already had problems with arthritis before this, so I know it exacerbates everything. Even with out the cold it still aches all the time.

The best thing I've found to help so far is using a magic bag, (cloth bag filled with flax seed).

Does anyone have any suggestions for helping with the pain from an injury like this, that isn't using a painkiller?

Thanks everyone!

MMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #34
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Sorry you are struggling Jodie, I have no suggestions but I hope the clove oil helps. As Lillie suggested, can you go back to your GP?

Glad you got some morphine, Lillie. I have found yoga helpful too.

Hi Marie, I'm sorry to hear about your hand, the accident you were in sounds incredibly traumatic. Does it help to keep your hand warm when you go out? I don't know if this is a thing but what sprung to my mind was some kind of heated gloves or something like that... but as I said I have no idea if they are actually a thing!

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 08:44 PM   #35
[Luna]

I am currently:

Sorry so many people are struggling.

I've been a lot of pain myself, my back is absolute agony. I've been trying lots of painkillers and gels and the pain relieving exercises I was shown but nothing is working. I start physio tomorrow.

My neck and shoulders are also causing me a lot of trouble so feeling rather miserable really.

[Luna] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 12:07 AM   #36
HopeRises

I haven't been diagnoised with chronic pain (although I think I'm about too) ever since I was little something always 'hurt' and at the moment I have got really bad back pain (need to lift my legs onto my bed/pins and needles when sitting down. moving from lying to seated etc) and also the tops of my feet are hurting when walking and my big toe. As far as I can remember I haven't done anything to cause this so am off to the drs Saturday although I know they will prob just chuck painkillers at me. Just need someone to tell me its ok. My mum was telling me the other day to go to the drs to ask about fibromyalgia (sp)/ chronic fatigue because I've always had some sort of pain and again, from the age of about 8/9 suffered from tiredness like i'm tired all the time even after a 8-9 hr sleep. I usually need atleast 10-11 hrs and at my age that isn't normal and I don't know if its worth pushing for that diagnosis or not? I'm just abit confused and don't want it blamed on 'depression' or that I'm making it up.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #37
MMarie

I am currently:

Kyaneos, I've never heard of heated gloves but it's something I'll look into! It really sucks living in Canada where it's freezing most of the year!

The doctors are always trying to prescribe T3's to me but they're super bad for you and kill my stomach, so, try to go pain med free!

HopeRises, what you're describing sounds a lot like fibermyalgia... my step mother has had it since she was a teenager and complained about a lot of the same things you have. She had to go through lots of different med before she found on that really worked . But she had acupuncture done a few times and said it was quite helpful, at least short term.

Hope you find out what's going on!

“There is no greater sorrow then to recall our times of joy in wretchedness.”
― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Old 20-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #38
Wonderland.

You can get hand warmers to put in gloves, I've used them to go skiing before. They don't reach your fingers, but may work better for you in some mittens. They keep your hands nice and warm though. I have raynauds which affects my extremities mainly and they work great!

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #39
MMarie

I am currently:

Wonderland, that's a good idea as well! I know they sell bulk packs so I'll have to pick some up. Maybe I can tape them to my hands while I'm doing things around the house.

I actually used to use them at my old job (until they banned them) as I worked in the cold. It sucks because the circulation of that hand is shot. I get constant numb patches all over even from just digging in the freezer or washing vegtables.

“There is no greater sorrow then to recall our times of joy in wretchedness.”
― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Old 20-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #40
Wonderland.

Maybe you could knit or sew a little pocket for them to fit, and fix some elastic or ribbon round the back. Might be more comfortable than taping them.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)