Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
Ashleyley92

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - I have a question about blood loss.

If someone cuts themselves everyday and loses about 1/2 a cup of blood, that wouldn't eventually kill them would it?

I am asking because the other day (after a week or two of doing that daily) I cut a little more than I usually do and the next day I was really pale and I felt really sick. I thought I was going to die.

Ashleyley92 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Life is peachy

I think you may have lost a bit too much blood and it was affecting you. You need to be careful about how much blood you're loosing because it can cause problems with your organs not getting enough nutrition and oxygen etc etc and strains your heart.
I hope you're ok xxxx

Life is peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Gone.

I agree with the above. From experience, losing too much blood can impact you the next day and leave you feeling as you described. You can see that it is negative and so, on a long-term basis, it isn't exactly going to be beneficial to your health. You can also make yourself anaemic very quickly. Do you feel that you need to hurt yourself this much? Please, if you do, get yourself to a doctor or somewhere safe and talk to someone.

Take care xx

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
xbertyx

I am currently:

i dont think so , i heard you have to lose half of your blood which is more than a litre , to die. however its obviously damaging your health, as you can see, so if i was you i wouldnt cut very deep. hope i helped, please take care x

i dont feel so good anymore
not the way i used to feel
when i was young

xbertyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Imperfect.Star

Hey, No that much blood wouldn't do you any real harm (although it's obviously not good for you). They take more than that if you donate blood. Your body, especially a young person's, can compensate for a very large volume of blood loss at least in the short term and you do make new blood fairly quickly. Obviously blood loss affects different people to different extents and it can make you feel a bit weak and dizzy. If you're slightly anaemic or something already then it could make you feel worse than it would another person. Please be careful and if you can't get a cut to stop bleeding get some help!
xxx

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Imperfect.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

Their hemoglobin level would eventually drop to such a level they'd need to either have a blood transfusion, or die.

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 01:11 AM   #7
Imperfect.Star

To get to the point where its that serious you would need to have lost literally litres of blood or have serious anaemia. I do think that blood loss from cutting can be dangerous but whilst losing the amount mentioned might make you feel a little bit "off" there isn't a need to panic over it.if you lose that amount or more repeatedly though it might be more problematic so please do be careful and get proper medical help if you feel really ill. Xxx

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Imperfect.Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)