Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-04-2016, 10:21 PM   #41
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

You can do it Emma!
How did you get on today?

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 10:15 PM   #42
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I've been to the gym twice now and I'm enjoying it. I feel more confident than I thought I would! The only downside is I'm still eating lots/comfort eating but the most important thing right now is to improve my fitness.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 10:19 PM   #43
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Well done Sarah :) I'm glad you're enjoying the gym, that's really positive. I think changing one thing at a time is more than enough!

I am on holiday by the sea and I am looking forward to going for a run by the beach tomorrow (not ON the beach though, I don't want to torture myself :P)

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #44
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I did it! Had a lovely run by the sea! It was lovely and I feel really good. :D so unfit though!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.

Old 23-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #45
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

That's great Hannah :)

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

Old 26-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #46
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I want to join in!

I've lost a reasonable amount of weight since the start of the year by tracking what I eat and joining the gym but the loss has plateaued for the past few weeks as I keep scrapping it all on the weekend! Need motivation to not throw it all away haha :P

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #47
[Luna]

I'm really struggling with binge eating. I start every day with the intention of sticking to the slimming world plan but the last few days I just keep messing up.

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #48
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Yay Ali! You're doing really well, I'm super impressed with how you've stuck to going to the gym and everything! I hope you can find some more motivation for the weekend - but allowing yourself treats is good too!

I'm sorry you're struggling Emma. *Hug* Do you know what triggers the binging, any particular feelings / events that lead to it?

Old 27-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #49
Epicene

I am currently:

Well done everyone for your efforts, it sounds like people are doing really well. Alli, I've no idea how you find time for gym amongst everything else!

Emma, please remember that each day is a new day and try not to feel guilty if you stray off track. It takes time to adjust to new diets.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #50
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I struggle with binge eating too. I just cant do diets like slimming world or weight watchers as they make my binging worse. I'm trying to listen to my body's hunger signals and eat when I'm hungry and stop when full but it will take time I think!

I have my first Aqua class on Friday and I am excited :)

Old 27-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #51
whirlpools

Sarah, do you like water/swimming? If you do, aquafit is SO much fun! Enjoy :)

Although I guess I don't binge eat I struggle a lot with emotional overeating. What I find helps is delaying a 'binge', or if I have one, to limit the amount of food available to me and to not feel 'all of nothing' about it (like if I ate for example a pack of cookies at lunchtime, it doesn't mean the whole day's ruined - nor does it mean I can't have dinner, an afternoon snack etc.) It's about repeatedly bringing myself back to nourishing myself properly.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #52
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I haven't been to the gym in about a week because I pulled a muscle in my back/chest. I feel soooo guilty for not going. It's much better now so hopefully I can resume on the weekend.

Good luck at your aqua class Sarah!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 28-04-2016, 12:49 AM   #53
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Sounds great Sarah :) Hope it goes well on Friday!

Laura, I think those are some really good points. I really struggle with thinking the whole day's ruined after I eat something 'unhealthy' so then I just go and ruin it some more! I need to try to stop doing that!

Beckie, try not to be too hard on yourself! Being in pain is a good reason not to go to the gym! Going to the gym is good but when you start feeling guilty if you don't go, even for really good reasons, that might not be so good. I saw what you wrote elsewhere about medication and weight (I'm such a stalker, sorry! :P) and wondered if asking your team for a referral to a dietician or something might be useful? Or at least discussing it with someone because feeling like you want to come off your medication probably isn't such a good idea! (p.s. I also think it's awesome that you're trying so hard!)

Last edited by Serendipity. : 28-04-2016 at 01:08 AM. Reason: because i felt like it.

Old 28-04-2016, 07:44 AM   #54
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks Hannah :)
The dietician is a really good idea, I'll ask my cc about it.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 28-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #55
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Like Hannah said, the gym is a great way of being healthy, but feeling really guilty for not being able to go is a bit of a warning sign. Especially if you've been unable to go due to pain/injury which is a legitimate reason to stay home (you need to heal/recover after all). I think a dietitian referral would be a great idea!

Laura I used to enjoy swimming but I haven't been for AGES, and I do have a little fear of the pool. It's weird but I have a phobia of the filters. Once I'm there and doing the class I'll be fine but it's enough to make me nervous!

Old 28-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #56
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks Sarah. That's reassuring. The guilt has eased off a bit. I'm back to normal (lol) now so can resume gym going! :)
Forgot to ask for dietician referral today but will try to remember when I see her next!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 28-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #57
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Glad the guilt has eased off Beckie, but make sure you keep an eye on things and don't overdo it at the gym! *frowns*

Sarah I hope you have fun tomorrow!

So I've been on holiday with my parents and they've taken some photos of me and I feel awful about myself. Like I know I'm overweight but I can kind of lie to myself when I look in the mirror :P But seeing photos of myself has just made me feel awful about my weight.

Old 29-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #58
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I'll try not to overdo it. Don't want to be getting injured again!

I know what you mean about photos. I saw some of me at the London meet and I wanted to cry!
It could have been that it was just a really unflattering angle maybe?

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 29-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #59
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Not getting injured is good!

Thanks, but I don't think they could ALL have been from an unflattering angle :p

Old 29-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #60
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Cameras are evil. That's my thought on this!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)