RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #161
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

How are you doing Leigh and ThePhoenixFallacy? I can really relate to those thoughts of "What's the point?" and the flood of relief you get from that temporarily but you guys have worked and are working so hard. It's hard to get through uni when your mental health is struggling so you're doing brilliantly just to keep going.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #162
Lilo

I am currently:

***bumps thread***

How's everyone getting on with College/Uni?

I've still got a few assignments to hand in and my dreaded 5,000 word independent project to do before my course is finished. It feels weird that in just over 4 weeks it'll all be finished and over. I'm worried that I won't get the grades for my uni choice but my tutor has been really supportive so I'm just going to try my best as that's all I can do now.

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #163
HopeRises

*Massive bump to the top*

I just thought I would resusitate this thread as lots of people will have started/gone back to college/uni and might need some support.

I'm almost a week in to third yr and massivly loosing the will to live (lolz) I have forgotten how to read and have no motivation- I was so ready to come back and I love uni but blah i forgot how much discipline I need to make myself do stuff.

Anyone else struggling?

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #164
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Sorry you're finding it tough Leigh. It's bound to be an adjustment settling back in after the summer, especially with the demands of final year! You can absolutely do it though! Is there anything that's helped in the past? Can you try to set yourself some manageable goals and reward yourself when you reach them? I always found it helpful to try to spent set times in the library, or somewhere it was easy to study. It will come back to you!

I enrol on Saturday and start my course on Monday. I'm super excited, and also terrified, but really really excited!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #165
yoyogirl

I am currently:

So my days of being distance learning student are now behind me and now is time i stop pissing about and get some real work done for once with physical lecturer on campus with other students. No more sluggish days in front of the couch because i didnt feel like doing an assignment no watching day time telly and having the easy life as a "jobseeker" It's time I get my ass and mind into shape.

No pretending "oh i can't come in today because, i am feeling down, glum or because i feel" no more excuses. If you want to be succesful ella you must be perfect. Perfect grades, absolutely nothing wrong with you
with Graham slowing diminishing outta your life and Becky gone forever , you must have contrl and pure perfection.

grey areas do not exist anymore.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 11:37 PM   #166
HopeRises

I hope you manage to sort stuff yoyo girl.

How's everyone doing? Yes, studying in the library has helped a lot before and having snacks (but obvs the snacks were not healthy and i gained s ton of weight haha so trying to avoid that) I need to do so much reading this year. 3rd year is hard.

Old 26-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #167
Iamcatbug
Cat

Don’t know if this would help. But here are a few things that have helped me study.

YouTube has a lot of what are called ‘studytubers’ who post study tips and study sessions to help others study.
There is an app called Forest which you can use to technically block your phone for anything from 10 mins to 2 hours so you can study.
Instagram also has a lot of study accounts it to help studying.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #168
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I think I need to try that app!

I'm panicking! There is so so much to do and nowhere near enough hours in the day! I know it's an adjustment after not studying for several years, and it will feel less overwhelming when I settle back in. But it also really is a lot of work.

I'm terrified about starting skills workshops - role play and such. Genuinely dreading it so much. Anyone else have to endure this agony? :P

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:08 PM   #169
HopeRises

Thanks for the tips. If im at home its the tv that's the problem and then obviously the need for the internet which = constant scrolling and random searching of amazon/checking email/grad schemes/jobs etc. Studying is so much better in the library but even then i'm struggling at the moment- not good when your first assignment Is due in a week and a half. bah humbug.

Hannah, how are you getting on?

Yoyo did you manage to start uni?

Old 20-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #170
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Hi All
I have managed ti finally start university on the 1st October 2018, however i am still not an official enrolled student as I am awaiting for my transfer paperwork to be accepted at thr university. My modules from the previous study must match what the current university are doing as I was transferred for prior credits and thats where I am now.

But so far so good :)

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)