RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
Lucy84

I am currently:
New here...... really need someone to talk to...

Hello.

I am new here. I really need someone to talk to.
I have severe depression and self harm a lot.
Trying to face 18 years od sexual, physical and mental abuse from when I was 11-25. I am now 30 and have just started to face it.

I am not really coping amd not sure what to do....

Lucy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #2
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Hey Lucy, welcome to RYL. It sounds like you've been through a lot, but it's great that you're starting to face it now, even though I'm sure it's really painful. I've seen you around, and I hope you're finding RYL helpful and supportive. Take care of yourself.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
JusC

Hi there, welcome to the site. Everyone is friendly here and can help. You don't have to feel like ur on ur own. I'm sorry u gone through this and ur brave to have opened up cuz some people couldn't do that.

How's things now? You should feel proud of urself that u carried on with ur life without this effecting u. You deserve a lot better and there are people to help. Good to talk to someone as a family member or a friend. That's what u should do.

You can find out more advice on the advice pages for help and u can use chat where u can talk to other people in conversations on there and u canspeak to a mod about anything with talking about the chat for help etc. There is always someone to talk to and ur not alone. Good to talk and not bottle things up.

Have u spoken to anyone about this? There is proffession help out there and I can see there's a few things going on. Most people on the site has or is going through what ur gone through or going through. I have gone thrifty depression and still am.

Your be fine I'm sure.

Talk soon :)

JusC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
High_Voltage
Slowly But Surely Losing My Mind

I am currently:

Welcome to RYL, I'm sorry to hear about the depression and self harm and I'm especially sorry to hear about your past of sexual, mental and physical abuse. Do you see a therapist? I feel they can be very helpful with things like that. Either way, if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me anytime you need to I can reply quickly most times

♪"'Cause I'm about to break down,
I'm searchin' for a way out,
I'm a liar, I'm a cheater, I'm a non-believer
I'm a popular, popular monster"♪

High_Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there,

Welcome to RYL, I hope you find this place supportive.

I'm sorry to hear you've been through so much. It might be useful for you to take a look at the Self-Injury and Abuse forums.

Take care,

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #6
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Welcome to RYL. :)

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #7
Lucy84

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
Welcome to RYL. :)
Thank you for replying.

I am not doing too great now...

X

Lucy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #8
JusC

Have u spoken to anyone about this? Best to maybe speak to at least someone. Good to not bottle things up. I'm sorry that ur going through this and ur not on ur own. Trust me. You have everyone here who can help and talk to u.

I dont wether seeing the doctor will help u but it has to be in ur own time. Hopefully if u see the doctor they can help with putting u through to another organisation what can give u long term support with this. What do u think?

There are helplines out there who u can talk to instead. You said ur suffering from self harm and depression there are people who can help. Mind is a good place to talk to and u can ring them up or u can try The Samaritans.

What's making u not cope well? What's happened? I hope theres someone who knows what ur feeling like and who can be there for u cuz u dont need to be on ur own. Good that u can talk to us about it.

I'm here if u wanna talk x

JusC is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)