Forum Jump

Old 01-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:
SI Question - loss of sensation

hello peoples

i cut yesterday, it was on my arm.
shortly after, i realised that i cant really feel my little finger. i can move it ok, just cant feel it.

soooo, im guessing i may have damaged a nerve, but im not even sure if a cut in that area would affect my finger.
and if i have damaged a nerve, im not sure how severe the damage would be for it not to be able to repair itself.

also, as its not really affecting the movement, i dont think a doctor would do/say anything.

any advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited by Animad : 01-12-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Removed some info about cut placement

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

One Hug Given By:
Old 01-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Animad

Right, you need to check this out. Yes, if you have damaged a nerve on your arm then yes it can affect your finger. Also, nerves are notorious for not healing well and if you have some sensation in the same area of the finger (on some fingers it's supplied by 2 different nerves; half supplied by 1, half by another) then that is a good sign but not if you don't have any. You need this looking at ASAP as you possibly need the wound closing and as well as that the movement of the skin around the wound as well as the movement of your wrist and hand may want to be reduced by adding a bandage properly places (possibly at a particular angle depending on the nerve and cut(s)) and that is the sort of thing that needs to be done by a doctor. Go to A&E or if it's easier you could go to a Minor Injuries Unit (MIU), but there is a chance they may send you to A&E. The fact that the cut has been open for a while may mean they won't close it but they still may do depending on how big it is, what method they're going to use as well as the damage done and the area.

Hopefully it's just swelling that's putting a bit of pressure on the nerve as this can also cause that but it is hard/ impossible for me to say.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

ok, thanks very much, ill get it sorted :)

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)