RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
stuckin2009

I am currently:
Positive Post - it gets better

I know it seems impossible, believe me.

First, I'd like to say thank you to everyone here. I know I'm not the most active member by any means.. But I pass through and I read and I pay attention to everyone's struggle and I truly send out my thoughts and positive energy to everyone. I'm sorry that I don't reach out much. But I am here.

Second, to the title. It gets better. I've been self harming for 10 years and I'm two months free right now. That doesn't seem like much but it's the longest I've ever gone. I quit smoking pot it's been 7 months. Doesn't seem like a big deal but I'm one step closer to starting an electrician apprenticeship and I'll need to pass that drug test. Plus I've been taking my medication and I don't want anything to influence that. This is the longest I've gone without it since I started smoking.

It's still hard.

Anyway, I've created a support system which consists mainly of me, my girlfriend, my journal and my doctors. Not much but it's working for me.

I actually trust my doctors now and therapy is rough as all hell but I'm working through it. I started in a really, really bad place and I think it's getting better. I don't always notice it but what I do notice is that I'm setting goals and going for them without really thinking about it sometimes. I'm moving forward. I truly hope you get to this side. I don't even know if this is the "other side" of where I was, but for once I actually want to get there.

I haven't thought about killing myself in weeks.

I want a future and I want a life.

It does not get easier but it does get better, trust me.

Thank you for reading, I am here for you.

Please. Take. Care. Of. Your. Self.

Last edited by stuckin2009 : 12-04-2018 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo
stuckin2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 12-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Wow, such a lovely post to read! Well done on everything you have achieved so far, you're doing brilliantly. I'm so pleased to hear that you're doing so well and wish you good luck for your apprenticeship :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
Dataunit
It'll all be fine in the end.

I am currently:

Well done you! I love to read positive recovery posts like this :)

Best of luck to you with your electrician apprenticeship.

Dataunit is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)