RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Fani
Semi-Obscure Mid-Afternoon Of The Soul

I am currently:
Citlopram

So I've been put on Citlopram, its my third day today, and I'm just wondering what to expect with side effects really. I know my doc has told me them, but if anyone has any experince with them I'd love to know. My doc never said anything bout one of the side effects is pukeing, but I read it in the leaflet thingy that comes with them. I have a phobia of vomit, when I think I might be sick I end up having a panic attack and basicly become a complete shambles, so I'd love to know if anyone has been sick on them especially.
x.

"I walked home alone that night. I didn't care how she got home, it was weird. I mean, I *liked* her, I liked her A LOT...but out there on the field, it was just different then. That was the last time I saw her. I mean, most people don't taste that kind of love- at least I tasted it once, right?"

Fani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Melanie7

I am currently:

Citalopram is the generic for Celexa, which is the predecessor to Lexapro. I've been on it before, and know many others who are on it or have been in the past. While every medication has potential side effects, this one isn't known for having major ones. I haven't heard of anyone experiencing vomitting as a result of taking it.

Good luck! I hope it helps you.

Melanie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
Breeze
dizzy dyke

The only side effect I get from this med is restless legs. I got no initial SE's when I started it.

I want to kiss the bottom of the ocean before I burst through its surface into the sunlight, otherwise I will always be wondering about what was left unseen at the bottom

i'm tired of chasing my dreams.
i'm just gonna ask where they're going,
and hook up with them later.

Previously Kelpie

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Sparky!

Hey, I've been on it for a couple of weeks I guess. Only side effects I've noticed are slight nausea and increased anxiety and they seem to be pretty much gone already.

Like you said, it's going to be different for everyone but I think that actually being sick is pretty unlikely. I just wanted to say really, that if you find you're feeling sick I know it's easy to panic and think you're going to puke (I do) but you really probably aren't, so try to remember that and maybe do something nice to take your mind off it.

Take care, I hope it works out. Xx

Old 08-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!

I am currently:

Try doing a search in the Hental Health support & discussion board for citalopram, you'll find a few dozen threads on it there.

When I was on it, I found I had insomnia and my apetite disappeared for a while, but I was never sick on it. But then after being on it for a few months, I randomly became very suicidal and self destructive. But then I also know other people who its been a miracle drug for so. Give it time, the sort of "instant" unpleasent side effects like nausea do tend to go away quickly.

Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.

rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaroni View Post
Try doing a search in the Hental Health support & discussion board for citalopram, you'll find a few dozen threads on it there.

When I was on it, I found I had insomnia and my apetite disappeared for a while, but I was never sick on it.
Same, didnt bother me,
But then again, Ive never found SSRI side effects to be particually bothersome.

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
Fani
Semi-Obscure Mid-Afternoon Of The Soul

I am currently:

I've been on some others before and have never really had a problem one. I'm a little bit twitchy and definatly a decreased appitite, but that I can completely handle.
I'm glad no body has has thrown up on it, has definatly put my mind at ease a bit.
N yeah, I know most of the time that I won't be sick, but I end up thinking I will be then getting all panicked and work myself up which ends up making me feel even worse!
x.

"I walked home alone that night. I didn't care how she got home, it was weird. I mean, I *liked* her, I liked her A LOT...but out there on the field, it was just different then. That was the last time I saw her. I mean, most people don't taste that kind of love- at least I tasted it once, right?"

Fani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
sherbet lemon

I am currently:

hi i am currently on this tablet, i never experienced any vomiting although i did feel sick, just never was thought this side effect went away in less than two weeks.

sherbet lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #9
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

I do that with travel sickness.

I feel a bit sick on a journey, panic that i am going to be sick and cant get off, so end up feeling more sick with anxiety!

When you notice yourself worrying about nausea could you stop yourself, take deep breaths and try to calm the anxieties?xx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)