RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 12-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
BangEndedScoot

I am currently:
persistent cough (urgent-ish)

hey guys,
Really sorry for the post but was just wanting some advice please, I have a pretty bad cough at the moment and was just wondering if it's worth going to the drs about, I am coughing up a lot of brown phlegm and am finding myself short of breath, I haven't had a cough like this in a couple of years, and while usually I would just rest up and deal with it, I am now out as transgender and therefore I am binding every day, which obviously is restricting my breath even further and i'm struggling to breath while binding.
Also, and I know this isn't a medical issue so it's really not the drs problem, but my cough usually takes a good 3-4 weeks to clear up, and my gran has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and they think she has only about 2 weeks to live, obviously I can't go and see her while I have a cough in case I pass it on to her, but I obviously want to see her as soon as possible...i'm really stuck on what to do, any advice would be great, thanks.

One Hug Given By:
Old 12-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #2
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

How long have you been coughing for? Generally the advice is if it lasts more than 2 weeks you should see a doctor but it does sound particularly nasty and you also have the time pressure with your gran. It's worth going to the doctor to see what they suggest.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #3
Emmabob.

I am currently:

I'd say if youre coughing up phlegm, especially brown phlegm, NOW would be a good time to go to the doctors.

Old 13-09-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

As above, definitely worth seeing a doctor asap, particularly as it's causing breathing difficulties and brown phlegm. Would you be able to see a GP tomorrow?

No other sadness in the world would do

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)