Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #6201
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Sam View Post
I think Elliot is losing the ability to suck a bottle. Is this possible? Its not every bottle but at least once a day he seems to really struggle with it. I dunno its just like his teeth are getting in the way or something. He's 9 1/2 months and his milk intake has dramatically dropped because of it. He used to drink all his 3 x 8oz bottles and now he only drinks maybe 2/3oz of his first bottle, 4-8oz of his 2nd bottle and 2-4oz of this bedtime bottle. Is this enough milk? He always drinks between 8-16oz of water every day as well and has 3 full meals.
Give him a cup. One of those ones with the lids for babies.

Edit - I posted this before I read your other post about trying cups. But I still think you should try him again, maybe on a different brand with a different shaped lid bit. It's quite possible he is rejecting the bottle although some babies continue to have bottles at night until they are over 1. All babies are individuals though.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #6202
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Dylan will only drink out of a
Normal cup now. We went straight to the doidy cup. Try a normal cup if nothing else works.
Milk will start o reduce. Theres no harm in making up some pasta with a milky sauce or making your own custard etc to get the extra milk in. If i struggle to get milk in my wee man i find his favourite fruit blended up into his milk to make a smoothie works wonders. X

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #6203
squirrelspit

I am currently:

We're flying on the 29th, only up to Aberdeen though so we should be fine.

Have you needed passports for your two?

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #6204
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

yea Saul got a passport at 6 months, and Rebecca was only 2 weeks when we applied for hers, but you wont need a passport on a domestic flight, its really silly, childrens passports last for 5 years so Rebecca will have a photo taken when she was 1 week old on her passport till she is 5!

I don't think you will have any problems, we bought a second hand pram as we were flying a coupe of times with saul and didnt want to take our good pram, the only problem we ever had was at dusseldorf airport they made us check it in as oversized luggage, every other time we have been able to take it to the gate, .... who are you flying with? do you have booked seats? when we have booked seats we wait and board the plane last so we don't have to sit for too long in our seats, especially now Saul is bigger its less time to amuse him, although this time he has his own seat, not sure how that will go!

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #6205
squirrelspit

I am currently:

We're flying with Flybe, we're allowed to take the pram right through to the stairs of the plane. Im debating getting travel insurance incase the wreck the pram but i dunno if thats a bit OTT... I might take two clear bin bags and some gaffa tape and wrap it up.

How come you go to Germany so much? (nosey).

We were looking at getting a passport for Oliver, it is odd about the picture. i dont think any babies look the same at 5 as they do when theyre new.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #6206
squirrelspit

I am currently:

oh. KATY (when you read this)... How was docs?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #6207
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Sharli you can have the jab as soon as you've delivered. I had mine the day after having ella. Strangley I was immune when i had chloe but 18 months later it showed up as not immune. A point to beware... the midwife couldn't give me my jab or be in he room coz its a live vaccine and she was pregnant herself. Be careful round vaccines at work.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #6208
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Haha i regularly give vaccines, maybe i should check into what the ones at work contain...theyre for cats and dogs so doubt itd be any more of a prob than accidentally getting jabbed with anything else (almost got jabbed with euthanol today which isnt fun for the non pregnant i hear!)

Weird how you showed up as immune then not so soon after...ive no idea why im not immune after going through all those traumatic jabs! lol

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #6209
Popple

It was okay thanks. Well apart from me getting all anxious and not being able to look at her. She was a bit useless trying to tell me that the length of your cycle makes no difference to how they date the pregnancy which I know is not true but I just ignored that. I don't want to get my hopes up that I am week further on than I might be or it is going to be harder when they scan me and I am showing behind like last time. She is sending me for an early scan, I don't know how long that will take to come through she just said as soon as possible.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #6210
squirrelspit

I am currently:

im glad it went ok. The early scan sounds like a good idea.

I know its nothing like the same, but when i was pregnant we avoided telling everyone until i couldnt hide it any more, and we didnt buy anything for the baby until i was about 7 months gone because with the history of miscarriage in the family, i didnt believe i would carry him full term really until i got to the stage when he was developed enough to live if i carried him full term.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #6211
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

The length of the cycle doesn't affect how they date, but it does mean you can go early/later and be completely normal. They date provisionally by cycle and then properly with ultrasound x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #6212
Popple

I wasn't sure about an early scan because I had so many last time. Even if we see a heartbeat I am going to be scared still because last time we saw a heartbeat he died a few days later without us knowing.

We haven't told anyone this time not intentionally I just don't know what to say and I haven't really accepted it's happening yet.

Ah Mand with my last one the midwives and all the nurses always dated it differently because I had a slightly longer cycle and then my ultrasounds were 2 weeks behind so they kept asking me was I sure of my dates. It was because I was so certain of my dates that they were worried about him dating so far behind.

Since Benji cycles have been ****ed. NHS due date calculator gives me a variation of 7 and 8 weeks depending what cycle length I put in. I am trying to convince myself I am at the lowest end possible so it doesn't spook me too much when they scan me if I am behind where I thought. I am still convinced when I go in though they are going to date me really far behind. I shall take my pathetic cynicism and leave!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #6213
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Katy if it's any help with Elliot I had an early scan when I thought I was 8 weeks and they dated me at 6 1/2 weeks and then when I had my 15 week scan (should have been 12) they righted my date back to 16 1/2 weeks which is back to where I though originally. So I wouldn't worry too much about the dating although I know it's easy for me to say.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #6214
Popple

Thanks Sam I know it happens quite a bit but after last time I can't trust in anything. With your 8 week scan did that do it external or internal? I am probably going to insist they do an internal one so it is as accurate as possible.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #6215
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Fingers crossed for you, hopefully everything goes a bit better this time and the scan can ease your mind a little (although i know nothing will help until much much later on!)

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #6216
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Yeah mine was internal at 8 weeks.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #6217
Popple

Thank you.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #6218
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

good luck katy, im not sure how accurate the scans are either, I have a long irregular cycle so when i fell pregnant with Rebecca, and they dated me from my last period, we were surprised at the 12 week scan to be told we were 12 weeks, the radiographer asked me about my period, so thin k she may have dated me on that, we thought we were behind and worked out my actual due date about a week later than she had,
the thing is baby will come when its ready anyway.... know this will be really hard for you but try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy

hope it all goes well for you x

Charlie ... my sister lives in Germany so we go out to visit her, my neice is 9 months younger than Saul so we like the kids to spend time togther
If your taking the pram to the plane, when it comes off they will put it straight on the luggage belt when you come off the plane, if you ask they may even give you it as you get off the plane so would not worry too much about it, I think alot of stuff gets damaged when its checked it and is lying about the airport and stuff before it goes on the plane

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #6219
Popple

Thanks Debbie. It doesn't matter now anyway, I knew I was right, something is wrong. I am bleeding, first thing tomorrow I am going back to the EPU. Here we go again.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #6220
squirrelspit

I am currently:

could you not go to a hospital now Katy?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)