RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
How Do I Mention This To The Dr?

Hi Guys,

Things have been really rocky recently and I have finally managed to book an appointment to see the Dr.
I need to get a letter in support of extenuation for uni as im really behind with assignments due to work/family/life but I also need to bring up that I am struggling again with food.

I have lost weight, I am restricting, haven't binged and purged for a little while but knowing how out of control i am, im sure it will come. there is nothing new about it, I have been this way for years but its getting worse and im exhausted both mentally and physically. I have been passing out and I feel terrible so it really is time to sort this once and for all. I have a physically demanding job and have very active hobbies (horseriding) so I cant afford to get any worse.

How can I bring this up with the Dr? Its a new practice and ive never been to them before (I've moved from one side of the county to the other so really don't know what its like in terms of services). But how did you bring it up? I really don't know where to begin with it.

Thankyou in advance.

xx

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Hey babygirl (I don't know wheather you'd want me to use your name so I'm leaving it out )

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling again... Do you have any support atm?

In regards to your GP, from what I know (I've never changed GP's but really need too.), all your records will have anything to do with your mental health etc on them & they will have been passed down. As for mentioning your struggling, maybe start with 'I don't know whether you've had time to read all my notes, but I've suffered from an Eating Disorder for X years & lately its been progressively worse, I have an active job & hobby & I've been feeling very weak/passing out & I'm very behind on my Uni Work, In order for me to gain an extension I'll need a note from you, is there any chance you could do that for me?' Then maybe ask about what kind of support they can refer you to - If your not already getting any?

Hope this made some sense && you know where I am if you need me

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
LionCondemned
Kat.

I am currently:

hey there,

im sorry you are struggling right now with food, you are definately not alone in feeling this way.
Like Helen says, all your notes will be passed on to your new GP, its just whether or not your GP reads them. im only saying this because after my recent GP's appointment at a new practice she didnt read my notes and knew nothing about me.

regarding the restricting, is it the fact that you dont like a lot of food at once or not? if this is the case then eat small, regular meals throughout the day.

i hope this helps a bit x

I'm only Human.

LionCondemned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Hey Hel <3

no i have no support, i left the ED team a long time ago due to being made to feel like a fraud. I havent had any help from any MH team for a few years.

What you have said sounds like it may be something i can say to the doctor, will give it a go. Thankyou <3

With asking for support, my fear is that i will be made to feel like a fraud again. i know its a different area and so a different team and im sure everyone feels the same when first seek support. I also feel so stupid, ive 'coped' for this long but now its falling apart.

Thankyou for your reply, it did make sense and i am also always here if you need anything.

Lots of love xx

Hey Kat,
i dont really know how it suddenly got so much worse, i guess i was too busy to eat then it went to feeling so stressed i couldnt eat and at the moment i have no appetite. it seems i always revert back to the ED and it gets worse when im stressed and the more stressed i become the worse the eating gets.

i have been trying to make sure eat something, even if im not hungry.
I just fear the binge that inevitibly will come, its a vicious cycle of restricting, binging, purging and back to restricting, round and around it goes.

im stuck.

Thankyou for your replies , i really do appreciate it. im hoping i keep the brave pants on and keep my appointment rather than cancel. one thing that is driving me is that i really need a letter for extenuation or else im screwed! so i have to go.
xxx

Old 16-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

How you feeling today lovely?

I'm glad you're motivated to go, even if not for your well being; Maybe someone could go with you? Or you could write down what you might say?

x x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Im exhausted tbh, was late in last night from work and then up early for work again this morning. Luckily I got off work early because I have no energy left and I needed to just sit down.
im dreading tomorrow. I want to get help, I don't want to be like this but at the same time I feel like a fraud or a hypochondriac. I dont even make sense, nothing makes sense.
There isn't anyone who can come with me, I dont talk to anyone in real life about this, as far as anyone is aware, im fine.
I will write it down and try and use it to help.
xxx

Old 16-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
disneyfreak
Love &lt;3

I am currently:

I don't have a lot of words but I'vve got *hugs* and I'm here if you need me and you know you can text me and I'll do what I can to help you, you're being really brave honey and I'm really proud of you xxx

"For I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me"

"You are good, you are good when there's nothing good in me"

"Everything has changed...."

<3 love you my honey

disneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #8
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

it was ****ing pointless.
she wouldn't give me a letter to get extenuation and wouldn't listen to me.
I give up.
im going to fail uni as I wont get these assignments in on time.
im fat and im a failure.
I cant stop crying.
this is why I hate going to the doctors so much.
I don't know what to do anymore.

Old 17-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hugs Gemz I'm so sorry. Could you make an appointment with another doctor? Please try and talk to your tutor I forget which course you are on? I only know this as I did the same course as you but if you tell them what is happening they will help. You can also speak directly to the extenuation officer which may also help if you pm me I can give you his name if that would help. Hang in there xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #10
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thankyou *hugs*
Im a little calmer now but I was in a right state yesterday.
My mum called the Dr she usually sees and I have an appointment tomorrow at 3.20, i feel so exhausted by it all i hope she will actually give me the time of day.
I will try and talk to my tutor again, im not in until Thursday and have a group tutorial in the morning so will see if i can speak to her. It would be great if you could give me the name of the extenuation officer too as i really need to get this extenuation or i will fail the year. theres not enough hours in the day for me to get them all done.
Thankyou so much
xxx

Old 18-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

:) pming you now :)

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)