RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #4441
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

strips of frozen pepper were always favourites with my girls, ella liked the dummy style teethers oyu can get when she was younger

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #4442
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

its great to hear all about your labour experiences im actually excited but thats probably because im still 4 and half months away from it actually happening.

i had to go to the maternal assesment unit today because last night the soles of my feet were soo itchy it hurt and i started crying and got very sleep because of it and they are still itchy now but nowhere near as bad. so they have done a blood test because i could have this liver problem, which if i do have it will probably be my fault because when i was 17 i took a very large od on parcetamol and damaged my liver so i will feel so guilty if i do have it and something goes wrong with the baby. but anyway i dont know yet, they are going to call me back later to let me know the results and if its bad i will have to go back tomorrow for scans of my liver and such but if it isnt bad then i will have to go back next week because it could be too early to tell as im only 22 weeks and it normally occurs in the third trimester. so fingers crossed.

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #4443
Sunshine

I am currently:

Hiya, sorry to post again right after myself, but I got my results back and they were all normal :) yayy!

But bad because my feet are getting really itchy again and it gets worse at night! I feel like crying its really painful I will just go sit in a cold bath!

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 27-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #4444
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

I started bleeding sunday morning. I called my dr today and they said it was just my period... I even said there was a chance of pregnancy.

Member of SquishySquad

~AngelofLove~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #4445
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Was it like your normal period? With similar cramping etc? See how long it lasts too. Also did you get any positive pregnancy tests? If not it probably is your period.

When I miscarried it was very different to my period. A lot worse. Plus it lasted weeks and weeks.

Not saying it's the same for everyone though.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #4446
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

Quote:
Was it like your normal period? With similar cramping etc? See how long it lasts too. Also did you get any positive pregnancy tests? If not it probably is your period.

When I miscarried it was very different to my period. A lot worse. Plus it lasted weeks and weeks.

Not saying it's the same for everyone though.
I never did get a positive test because my mom wouldn't buy me another. My period has been irregular and my dr put me on the pill for of depo provera. He told me it wasn't birth control. So my period when I first started was heavy bleeding lots of cramps, so I decided to take half the dose and it was lighter and spotting, not as bad as my hellish periods I used to have.

The cramping from this "period" was similar to my hellish periods, the bleeding was heavy ( I went through 4 pads in a day, and 2 today).

The bleeding seems to have slowed and I wasn't cramping as much today.

So I'm not sure.

The nurse was a bitch and pissed me off and told me to take BC even though I explained about the pill.

Member of SquishySquad

Old 28-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #4447
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

i was on depo provera a few years ago but it was in injection form...it was a form of contraceptive.i dont know why your doctor would tell you iit isnt a contraceptive. how old are you and are you healthy weight and healthy lifestyle?

i find my skin is very itchy sunshine also. it was getting very dry also. i find lots of moisuring with cream thats been left in the fridge helps cuz its so cold.

ahhh some of you make labour seem a bit more easier. all i hear are horror horror stories. so far i havnt heard anyone reasurre me til they see the look of fear in my face as they tell their stories.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #4448
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

i have a quick question for UK people...
social security say they cant give me info til my baby is born so hoping someone here can help.
me and my partner plan to claim working tax credits, does that mean my benefits will be stopped and then working tax credit will be the only other income along with my partners wage from work.i think that is how it works but as with nearly all these changes i never really know and northrn ireland are absolutly rubbish with helping people with the right info!

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #4449
Sunshine

I am currently:

hi as far as i am aware, if you work more then 16 hours you will get working tax credit but if its less the job seekers is what you will be entilted to. but that is the same for everyone even if you dont have a child. other benefits such as disability living allowance wont be effected i dont think. im not sure but if your concerned about benefits go to the job centre and ask them for advice (thats what ive been told) eventhough where i live our mental health teams have a benfit advisor as long as your under a mental health team. so im going to go see him soon to ask all of my questions. do you have a social worker or anything you could ask?

i have this rash which started on my arms and now its spreading to my underarms and ankles and legs, i think its probably exsma or something (i wouldnt know as ive never had it) but its getting itchy so i was wandering if anyone could recomend anything to put on it to sooth the rash and itchyness.

the itchyness on the soles of my feet hasnt got a rash or anything its just very uncomfortable its probably the heat but if im still itchy next week they said to go back to the maternal assesment unit to have another blood test as it could be too early to tell if my liver is in danger. i dont think it is, its just getting annoying that im so itchy especially at night and the only thing thats seems to cool it is standing in cold water but i obviously cant do that all night as i need to sleep, although sleeping is difficult with the itchyness. I am wary of going back to the unit although they were soo nice and not nasty or anything because i feel like im wasting there time and if nothing is wrong im just being over dramatic! i might wait untill the second trimester is over (so two weeks away) and then go back because itching in the second trimester is normal according to the internet.

anyway sorry to ramble hope everyone is ok
x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 28-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #4450
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

what about trying a cold water bottle or something for the itching? or a damp towel.

i would say try a topical antihistamine for the rash but its best to check with the doctor first. the rash might also be because your skin is so hot from the itching.

Something Special.

Old 28-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #4451
Sunshine

I am currently:

yer i slept with a cold towel over me last night and it helped abit but then got worse about 5 in the morning. but thanks for the adivce

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 28-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #4452
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

Quote:
i was on depo provera a few years ago but it was in injection form...it was a form of contraceptive.i dont know why your doctor would tell you iit isnt a contraceptive. how old are you and are you healthy weight and healthy lifestyle?
I'm 22 and yeah I am. my dr put me on Provera to regulate my periods. its a much lower dose than depo provera.

I'm only spotting now and my periods NEVER last 3 days...

Member of SquishySquad

Old 29-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #4453
Sunshine

I am currently:

yer i know im sturrgling now with the heat and i will be heavily pregnant in september which is still summer and still hot i just hope its not too hot this summer! i dont have a fan and we dont really have the space for it tbh as we live in a studio. but thanks for the suggestion i will just have to cope and moan a lot to my partner..poor him

xblackrosex what do you mean your periods dont normally last 3 days? they are normally shorter or longer? mine usually last 6/7 days and are extremely heavy your soo lucky if you have short periods im soo jelouse, its a postive of being pregnant no periods

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 29-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #4454
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

Quote:
xblackrosex what do you mean your periods dont normally last 3 days? they are normally shorter or longer? mine usually last 6/7 days and are extremely heavy your soo lucky if you have short periods im soo jelouse, its a postive of being pregnant no periods
Mine usually are 4-7. They are usually heavy for the first 2-3 days it stops and then I spot for 2 more days and then nothing!

Now I bled for 2 days of heavy bleeding and clots. Spotted Yesterday today I got a "gush" of grainy red blood and now I'm spotting redish brown... So weird!

Member of SquishySquad

Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #4455
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I keep getting pins and needles in my hands. It's not even just when I'm lying on them. Just randomly.

Also after I've eaten I keep getting pains in my shoulder. I've read that it maybe my gallbladder. Luckily in seeing midwife on Tuesday.

How are we all?

Something Special.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #4456
Sunshine

I am currently:

i would be wary of reading up on stuff, because i did that with my itchy feet and got worried over nothing (although it could have been bad) but i called my midwife and she told me to get assesed at the maternity assesment unit, so if you are really worried and cant wait untill tuesday you could always call up your midwife to get some advice, they would be happy to help because its not good to be worried
let us know what happens on tuesday though anyway

i will be six months pregnant on thursday and its really scary! its only three months untill i have a real life screaming baby that relies on me to do everything, what if he gets sick and i dont realsie and something bad happens like he dies? what if i dont even get to that point and something goes wrong with the birth? what if, what if? eep

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 03-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #4457
Woe To Be You
This Member is currently Banned

Oh honey,
Your bound to be scared my little mans five months old & when it sinks in you've not got long left, it starts to give you every worry ever.
You will know if your little one is sick trust me, my little man spent the first 15 weeks of his life with severe reflux & milk protein intolerance, and i was begging doctors for help because i KNEW something wasnt right, but they didnt listen. Luckily eventually they did listen - just trust your mummy instincts & you'll be fine im sure. xxx

Woe To Be You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #4458
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

i think the 'depo' bit means its a long lasting injection that releases a bit at a time - so a higher dose than say a daily tablet. if it is a miscarriage you might still be able to get a positive pregnancy test as it take 3 days for the urine HCG to match that of the blood - so it takes 3 days from when your blood would be negative from HCG for the same to apply to urine. try it, it's better to know just incase it is a miscarriage and it isn't complete (meaning you need treatment to prevent infections).

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #4459
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

My therapist is writing a letter to my midwife telling her about my issues. I'm pleased in s way that she's doing that as it might help but I'm also really nervous. In s way I just want to be treat like everyone else. I dunno. I'm confused!

Something Special.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #4460
Sunshine

I am currently:

im being assesed by the children and families social worker on thursday :/ eep! has anyone else had one? what do they ask? what sort of thing could happen?

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)