RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #21
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Wow they sound great :)

Just wanted to say I'm so proud of your achievements! When you thought you couldn't do it, you pulled your strength together and got through it safely. That says wonderful things about how strong you are, and now when you get urges you can remind yourself "i got through this before, I can do it again, these feelings will pass".

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

This thread is heartwarming! To see you going from two days to two weeks is really inspiring and I'm really pleased for you, even though I don't even know you!

Sticker charts are awesome also :)

Well done on your fantastic achievements, and enjoy every second of pride you get from this. At times when you feel like giving up, remember the pride you get from each milestone!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #23
forever_lost

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White. View Post
Wow they sound great :)

Just wanted to say I'm so proud of your achievements! When you thought you couldn't do it, you pulled your strength together and got through it safely. That says wonderful things about how strong you are, and now when you get urges you can remind yourself "i got through this before, I can do it again, these feelings will pass".

great job! I'm so glad you were able to get through it the other day!
and the quote tattoos sound like such a good idea! I don't think I've ever seen quote temporary tattoos.

Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak.
Sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.
"But it's the truth even if it didn't happen."

forever_lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #24
dairychick92

I am currently:

Snow White: Thanks :) I'm really proud of myself for being so strong. I've felt so weak for so long, it's amazing and encouraging to feel strong enough to resist cutting.

Forever_lost: Thanks :) I found the quote tattoos at walgreens and you might be able to order some online, but that might cost more.

Narcissa: Thank you so much :) I"m glad I can be an inspiration. That makes me feel special :).

We stopped looking under our bed for monsters,
when we realized they were inside of us.

dairychick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
dairychick92

I am currently:

Today, 11-12-12, marks the 12 year anniversary of my grandpa's passing. He was my best friend and I love him with all my heart! I remember the last day I spent with him. It was a Sunday, he came over to visit along with my grandma. He wanted to play a game of pool with me, since he was teaching me the fundamentals of the game. I remember barely being able to see over the table and him having to help me hold the pool stick. This was the very first game that he let me win :) I was so proud of myself. I remember how happy I was to have such a wonderful grandpa. As my grandparents said goodbye for the day he gave me one of his famous whiskery kisses. We all waved goodbye as they drove off not knowing that would be the last time we saw him.

It is because of my loving grandparents that I fight day to day to not SH. I want to be strong for my grandparents because I know how much it would hurt them to see their granddaughter doing such things.

Grandpa and Grandma, I love you so much and miss you with all my heart! I hope one day I will be able to see your smiling faces once again. :') Only happy tears shed tonight!

P.S.- Today also marks 3 weeks since I last SH'd :)

Old 16-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

That's a great reason to keep trying. I imagine your grandparents would be extremely proud of you :)

And well done on your three weeks free! It's nearly a month now; do you think you might be able to do something nice as a celebration of one month free?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #27
dairychick92

I am currently:

I can't think of anything to do to celebrate. I'm saving my tattoo for a little bit later so my scars can heal a little more. Any suggestions?

Old 17-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
forever_lost

I am currently:

Glad you're still doing well :)
Maybe buy or make a recovery bracelet?
I know it's not very original though lol.
I suppose you could get yourself any little treat you don't normally get.
If it were me I'd probably buy a cinnabon but I have a sweet tooth! :P
If I knew you I'd bake you cupcakes!!

Old 25-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
dairychick92

I am currently:

In a moment of weakness I broke my promise to myself and watched as I did what I thought I would never do again. I instantly hate myself for it. I felt shame, regret, guilt and sad. I was afraid that I was going to lose more friends because of it.

I recently met the most amazing man ever. He's been my rock and my best friend. I was afraid that if I told him what I did he would leave. I approached the subject carefully.. well maybe not so much. "What would you do if I told you that I cut again?"

With fear in my heart I anxiously waited for a response.. not even two seconds later my phone starts ringing.. my heart raced fearing the worst.

"I'm hear for you babe. Don't forget that. Yes, it makes me sad that you did that again. But I"m hear for you. I know you can beat this. I'll be here for you during your battle. I'll only leave if you make no effort to stop. You made it past a month once, I know you can make it to 2 and beyond. I"M HERE FOR YOU!!"

Tears of happiness rolled down my face. Did I really FINALLY find someone who wont leave me because of what I've done to myself?

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy." Philippians 1.

I know not everyone on here is a Christian, but I wanted to put that verse up because I was thinking about it the entire time I was writing. I'm so thankful Jim is in my life now. He's helped my through so much already. And he's always there to lend a helping hand.

I need to start a blog :P I write to much.

But back to the reason for this post.. I know that with the help of my friends and God, I can make it past another month and I know I will make it beyond that too.

Thanks everyone! :)

Old 26-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #30
forever_lost

I am currently:

Awwwww, I'm so happy you have someone like that in you're life! I'm so glad you can be honest with him and that he is there for you so much! I'm pretty lucky to have found someone supportive of my struggle with hurting myself as well, and it really makes a difference.
Remember everyone slips up and it takes time (usually a lot of time) to feel recovered. Slipping up will never make you weak or bad. You are trying! And you are still doing really well! Keep going! :)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)