Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Staticx_xSilence
I was always an unusual girl

I am currently:
Need Medication Advice

I have suffered from depression and anxiety for close to 15 years now and a few years ago I finally went to the doctor and was put on medication for my depression and anxiety. I was on my anti depressants for six months and hated it. The doctor had to keep upping the dose because they would work for a little bit but than would stop. Also getting used to the meds was hard on me and I was sick the first few weeks because of them. I did eventually go off the meds because I hated how they made me feel. Maybe it's just me but for me the meds made my emotions feel like they were fake. I have lived with depression since I was 13 so it is something that I am used to but when I was on the meds it just made everything feel so fake. I am not sure if that is normal or maybe I just needed to be on different medication but it has made me weary of trying them ever again. My depression is still going strong so I really want to be able to get out of bed and live my life instead of wasting away but I hate how medication makes me feel so I don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend...I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle like fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend...
― Neil Gaiman

Staticx_xSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

Not all meds are the same, so maybe you could try something else. What about asking to be referred to speak to someone? Sometimes that helps. There are many different treatments and it can take a while to find the right one for you, so maybe it would be an idea to speak to your doctor again.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
Staticx_xSilence
I was always an unusual girl

I am currently:

I was only in therapy once when I was a teenager but I refused to talk and than after a few sessions my mom and I fought in my session and the therapist asked us not to come back (I really didn't like him and why in the world was he a therapist is he couldn't take a mother and daughter yelling at each other). I am willing to try therapy now but it is far to expensive so I can't afford it. I like my doctor but he just doesn't really understand and while he was very helpful trying to find the right dosage he also refused to put me on certain medications because he was afraid of how it would react with my anxiety meds and since I have terrible insomnia and paranoia trying to find a good combination of meds that would work together without causes issues is a tedious process. I just don't really know if it is worth the trouble especially since I worry those fake feelings and feeling like I am not myself will come back.

I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend...I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle like fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend...
― Neil Gaiman

Staticx_xSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Was it a psychiatrist who prescribed you the medication or a GP (family doctor)? If it was a GP then they are usually less willing to look at different combinations but psychiatrists have a better understanding of medication interactions and could maybe do something for you.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #5
Masika

I am currently:

Wow, what kind of therapist tells someone not to come back because of a conflict? That's what he is there to help with. I understand you in this situation, it is hard to find a good therapist, and if you want a truly good one, you usually need to go privately and that costs a lot. I went through a lot of psychologists in my childhood and teenagehood and eventually a psychiatrist prescribed me a specific medicine. Quite honestly all it did was ease my chronic headaches but as for my mental health there was no help. Sometimes medication isn't the right treatment for us and that's okay.

Have you considered visiting a local counselling group if one exists? They may be able to help you out at a lower price than a private psychologist. Do you have some sort of medical cards or documents where you live that might be able to cover some of your costs? If yes you can check what it covers, maybe some mental health services are listed.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. If you need to talk or vent, PM me anytime. I hope you are able to find the right treatment soon.

Masika is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)