Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 15-09-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
Helpful things CMHT can do in a crisis?

I need some help with my care plan.
I've been asked to read the copy that's been sent to me and write down what I agree or don't agree with which is fine. But I have been asked to write down what the community team can do to help me/what's not helpful when in a crisis. I have already said about being direct, not telling me to make a cup of tea or have a bath but I don't know what they can do to help and they won't tell me what could be on offer.

So my question is, what things have your community team done that's helpful when you are in crisis?
Any ideas would be great because I have sat here for hours and coming up blank.

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 17-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #2
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

For me actually being in hospital is better for me than having the htt. I hate having strangers in my flat and also the fact that I never saw the same person twice stressed me out more than being IP. So if that applies to you or having the htt out I would document your wishes.

Also if you are like me and don't see your cc very often but in crisis you find having extra visits beneficial then I would write that down.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without permission as I find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thank you guys, that's true about validation - I will mention it. They have started to write a 'script' about what is helpful and not helpful to say. One of them is freaking out about selfharm and saying I HAVE to go to A&E etc (unless I've told them I have OD'd then they will call an ambulance.

As for crisis team/IP - the professionals all believe hospital isn't beneficial for me so hospital isn't an option - even though I disagree. Certain wards have been helpful but the professionals want me in the community and now, I don't think the option of home visits from crisis team are an option either. I agree that it's 50/50 on whether it helps me or not, it depends on who it is and whether I can communicate with them.

My CC also said she can't offer more meetings as she doesn't have time but has called me or got an STR worker to call me. I am going to see if they can do home visits when I'm feeling really awful because it is sometimes a huge struggle to go to them and also that I have that with the STR worker because I don't see her in person at all, my CC just gets her to call to check on me occasionally and I don't trust her enough to be really open.

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate your help <3

Old 19-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #4
yoyogirl

I am currently:

The only helpful thing they ever said to me in a crisis have a nap and I took that literally and next I know I had a tiny anti anxiety and I was asleep completely zomked out for a week but it helped me forget every single thing for a entire week which was a relief. To this day, I wish I still had them as I could do with them right now.

But generally if they suggest you need care within then IP environment then please take up their offer. I wish I had up their offer years ago when I was in desperate state

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 12:40 AM   #5
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

One thing I found helpful was to come up with questions that it would be good for you to be asked. I struggled with opening up and having a distorted bench markers for when I should react. For example if they asked how my sleep or eating was it would be easy to say fine where as if they were to ask for details it was easier for them to get a clearer picture. It also helped when things deteriorated as there were details to describe not great, poor, bad, bloody awful

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #6
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thank you guys!
The thing about details in questions - definitely a good suggestion, I am terrible for saying I'm fine when things are actually awful. I will mention that :)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)