Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
Arienette

I am currently:
Maudsley Day Patient Experiences and questions

I'm in the referral process for SHOPs (self harm out patient) at the maudsley.

It's a national service that's day patient. So I wondered if anyone here had experience of being there before? seeing as it's not restricted to my local area.

I'm also trying to find out, if i get accepted what days they do because i need to choose my modules for next year at uni and will need to arrange my timetable around it.

I'm quite nervous. my social worker said it was 1 day a week - but since i did reading it could be 3+ days a week. I'm scared for this because i'm very unreliable at getting anywhere regularly because of mood dependent behaviour, mainly. -- and because i get very very anxious about people, and find going out very draining.

Has anyone been? or been to anything like this before?

and what are your experiences of it?

thanks. x

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 29-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

To be honest with my experience of doing referrals when I work in the NHS in London was that nothing is set in stone until you have had your initial assessment by the maudsly.

It likely you cc has recommended one day a week but they will assess you themselves to see what they feel is most appreciated.

However you could call the unit and ask if there is an arverage/common plan for new starters? This would give you an idea of what to expect.
Also maybe call and ask where on the list you ate so you know an average waiting time.

You could also ask if the maudsly would work around you. Like of you chose a module for next year would it be OK if that wasn't the day you got day patient. Although they maybe able to do this it may prolong your waiting time as it means they will need a space on a specific day for you.

Either way, I think calling the maudsly to get an overview would be a good idea as they are more likely to know what the plan could be than you cc.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
Arienette

I am currently:

I'm nervous about phoning them lol.

The wait list isn't too long at the moment. I have me assessment in may and the referral was only sent off last week.

I was just wondering. I am seeing my course leader next week so can talk about it with her too then.

It's just all on my mind and I'm unsure where to find answers and/or stuff.

I guess I will just have to wait and find out - but I don't like not knowing.

:/ makes me anxious because I want to plan things far in advance.

Old 31-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hugs the self harm team helped my friend mmensely. Jane Bunn Clarke is an excellent clinician. I'm sorry I cant share personal xperience as I have never used the service . Good luck xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #5
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Could you email them?

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #6
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

South London and Maudsley change their mind every five minutes . I am on their inpatient eating disorders unit and have had it sprung on me that I will most likely be discharged within the next few weeks after initially saying they wanted me to go to a higher bmi . They are a good service though. Xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
Arienette

I am currently:

I spoke to my cc. She just repeated what she said before which doesn't match up with online info - so I don't know which one is not quite right.

She said she's not referred anyone before so doesn't know. I can email maybe - I will try that.

It's 18months so will definitely overlap with my uni work next year - and maybe a bit the year after.

I'm dreading it a bit tbh because it feels overwhelming but I'm gonna have to take it in my stride - I dont have any other options at actually making anything better long term and consistently.

--

I do feel better ATM and quite good but I have been having outbursts lately that I don't remember. *sigh* mood is better at least so the waiting doesn't seem all so bad compared to when it was first mentioned.

*nerves*

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)