Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-12-2015, 03:39 AM   #1
Electra223k

I am currently:
Don't understand

I've been experiencing a lot of anger towards my mother recently whenever she asks me to help with chores. She asks nicely and she doesn't ask for much help but I still get irrationally irritated with her.

I don't understand where this feeling is coming from exactly. Okay, that's not true entirely, I have some ideas where it's coming from... But those feelings shouldn't really affect me in these situations, right? It's just chores, and most of the day I end up sleeping any how. And yet, I just don't have the motivation to do any of it and become distress when the subject is even approached.

I don't feel like I'm myself when these feelings are brought on. Even as I type this I feel unusual. I can't think straight, which is normal for me on a daily basis as I have A.D.D. and it messes me up usually but this is something completely different and I don't feel right. I'm not thinking right, I'm having thoughts that conflict with everything I know isn't right.

I'd go to a therapist but I get anxiety attacks just thinking about it and I tell myself I don't need it or I don't care, which I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Ugh, it's just so confusing.

Electra223k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

Hiya.

I'm sorry things have been tough for you lately.

Have you found yourself getting irrationally irritable in other situations or just this one? Do you think that it's something particularly related to your mum/the chores or just that you're feeling increasingly irritable?

I know you're not feeling like seeing a therapist is something that you're able to do in the immediate future, but do you have somebody who you could confide in in the meantime? Are you close to your mum for example? Perhaps you could speak to her or another family member or friend about things & then perhaps they could support you to seek help from your doctor or a therapist if necessary. Is there anything which might make this easier? Maybe if you went to see somebody, you could write things down or print this thread out & take it with you to make it less stressful.

I hope things start to improve for you soon.

Take care.

Luce.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
[Marilyn Monroe]

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)