RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
out_of_here
Chase

I am currently:
Insomnia/sleep and mood

I haven't been sleeping in the past week, and if I do, its between 20 minutes and 2 hours.
I've found that if I don't sleep at all I am actually more 'awake' the next day, instead of getting a snippet of sleep and being groggy in the morning and having clouded thoughts.
What is your experience?

out_of_here is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 05-09-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
ModestMolly
Chasing Clouds.

hiya,
not much to report on experience but just thought i'd say that GPs can prescribe some amazing stuff to help with sleep that i have experienced first hand. have you tried any natural remedies before?
x

ModestMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Hi there,

I don't have insomnia, but I do often have trouble sleeping, which can be incredibly difficult. I do often feel more awake if I have had no sleep, that if I have only had an hour or so, I think this is quite common.

The NHS website has some helpful information on insomnia and tips to improve your sleep pattern, it might be helpful for you to take a look.

As Molly suggested, talking to a GP may also be helpful. Do you think you'd be able to do thus?

Take care.

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I often find I am more alert when I have had barely any sleep rather than some but it does catch up with me after a while and has a negative impact on my mood.

Have you looked at whether your sleep hygiene could be improved?

Speaking to a pharmacist and/or your GP might be an idea if it continues to see if there is something that might help you get some better sleep and then get back into a sleep pattern.

Is there anything that is contributing to your lack of sleep? As well as the lack of sleep impacting on my mood, my mood can have an impact on my sleep and treated the underlying mood issue can also help.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #5
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I agree with the above. I often find that I'm more awake if I don't sleep at all, but it will catch up with me, and overall the less sleep I get the more it messes with my mood!

I hope that you're able to get some decent sleep soon.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
consequential

have you tried sleeping tablets? Or Seroquel?

It became like a sort of prison. Encased in a silver shell, words so full of bleeding need spilled like drops on dry leaves. And all the while laughter prevailed a long way from here. Nowhere land, nowhere time, nowhere space.

consequential is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)