Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #1
ShootingForTheStars

I am currently:
Should I see my GP aswell as a college counsellor?

I have started seeing a counsellor at college and I have had 2 sessions so far and have 4 more until the holidays when I'm off for the summer. She will probably refer me to CAMHS (for a one off session i believe) by the end of April regarding my issues with bulimia, how my mental health is greatly influenced by my feelings about being trans and other stuff going on.
I am wondering if I should also talk to my GP about mental health stuff and see what they can do or if I should just stick with the college counsellor for now? I told my GP last week about being trans and she knows I see a counsellor at college but that's all that was discussed (as i saw her for other reasons).
Any thoughts??

ShootingForTheStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
Tixy

I am currently:

Do you feel speaking with your GP will help at all? You have to go with how you feel but there is no such thing as too many people around you to support you.

X

Tixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:56 AM   #3
ShootingForTheStars

I am currently:

Possibly, seeing as I won't have any place to go to or progress in the system when I'm not at college?
I just wanted to see if it was worth getting other people involved in a sense if it's just using up their time. Thankyou, I appreciate it :) x

Old 03-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
Tixy

I am currently:

You won't be using up their time, that's what they are there for to support you.

X

Tixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
ShootingForTheStars

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
I think it's definitely worth talking to your GP to make them aware. So often mental health can impact your physical health, and they need to know the full situation to be able to treat you best. Also, if you struggle over the summer they might know of things you can do for support. If she knows you are trans and is supportive, that then's even better!
Right, okay. Thankyou so much, I will talk to my GP when I go to the doctors tomorrow and see what she says :) She was very supportive thankfully.
Thanks again :)

Old 03-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
ShootingForTheStars

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tixy View Post
You won't be using up their time, that's what they are there for to support you.

X
Thankyou xx

Old 04-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
shrimpy
Chat Mod

I am currently:

it's defo worth letting your GP know that you are needing extra support, and defo worth informing him/her of your struggle with bulimia as they will be able to support your physical health too, and bulimia can cause some nasty physical complications which need to be on the radar and monitored if they happen.

Your GP is there to look after your health.

shrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)