Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #1
Adviceplease

I am currently:
Work making mental health worse

I've been working in care for 3 months and it's a lovely job, it's hard but it's worth it, I'm good at the job and at first I thought it was what I was meant for but I don't think it is and I'm not sure what to do, when I'm at work or have been to work I feel so bad inside and it makes me feel like doing something I don't know what to do or how much more I can take, I feel like I'm drowning and I just want to go far far away anyone know what I can do to make things even slightly bearable?

Adviceplease is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Hey,

I can relate to this a lot. I've worked in care before and while I loved some aspects of the job, it was tough and there were things I really struggled with.

Do you know what it is about your job that makes you feel so bad when you've been at work?

Do you have any support at the moment, anyone you can talk to about this? Are people at work (such as your manager) aware of your mental health problems? It may be worth speaking to them - even if you don't want to bring up your mental health, I'm sure they will be used to people struggling with the job. Do you have supportive colleagues you can talk to?

Three months really isn't that long to be in a job - to be honest, for me, I would still view that as a time where I'm still settling in and getting used to things, so it may be that it does get easier with a bit more time. If it's really impacting on your health though, don't put too much pressure on yourself to keep going with it. It's okay to try something else.

I'm sorry you're struggling so much. Could you speak to your doctor or anyone else about how you've been feeling?

Is there anything that helps you feel better at all? I have things that help me cope with work, but I don't want to bombard you with suggestions unless you want me to!

Sorry for all the questions! I really hope things get better for you soon and am here if it would help to talk.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)