RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:
fun psychosis

Has anyone ever had a psychotic episode or psychotic symptoms they have enjoyed?

Like for example, I sometimes hear a voice that is friendly and i enjoy spending time with that voice.

I've also had grandiose delusions I have enjoyed especially when I believe im famous or powerful.

I know psychosis can be dangerous but I just wondered if anyone has ever enjoyed it and been sad when it's goes/calms down/is medicated.

I just wondered if other experience this sometimes.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
ParanormalChickenGeek

I am currently:

I can't speak from personal experience as I've never suffered from any psychotic symptoms myself, but I've nursed a patient in the past who refused to take anti-psychotics because she really enjoyed having the voice she heard present, and felt really lonely without it. It was a kind voice and just simply gave her some company.
I often feel that if someone is happy with their symptoms and it's not harming them or anyone else then why force them to change?

We're all architects of our own private hell
No-one can hurt us like we hurt ourselves...

ParanormalChickenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
whirlpools

I haven't had happy voices but I've certainly felt happy during episodes before. One in particular, I believed I could save everyone from the government by sending out beams of love. I thought everyone was particularly beautiful, but I also remember feeling frightened and angry at times. It's hard to tell whether this was just a result of elevated mood (I don't have Bipolar and rarely have elevated mood, but did on this occasion) or whether I enjoyed the experiences themselves. It was all a bit confused because I was sure I was being poisoned too and that was upsetting, and also felt hemmed in by being told to take medication by the HTT which was frustrating.

I also usually feel more creative during episodes too, which is nice, except when I'm low and then I just feel flat.

Some experiences can make you feel quite powerful, which is nice when you often feel disempowered. I think this is, in part, why I had such a length of time in the past where medication-compliance didn't happen much.

I agree that mostly psychosis can be very dangerous, though.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I've heard about people with psychotic illnesses who do like their voices and/or hallucinations and don't need to do anything about it.
I don't think it's uncommon.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I loved it when I was a fairy!!!!!

I have heard some people talk about psychotic symptoms I enjoy?

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I have loved some parts of my psychotic episodes at the time I wish I could just keep those parts and lose the other parts. In the cold light of day however, the fun parts hurt those that are around me as much, sometimes more, than the other parts.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I loved feeling special and wanted because I was on a mission. When the voices stopped kept on telling me that I wasnt on a mission I was disappoint.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)