RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
tangledbelle

i'm surprised i'm still around. maybe i'll last

I started cutting in sixth grade. I have depression and the fact that I was overweight made me a target. I hated myself. I still hate myself.

I lost sixty pounds in the last two years. I cut myself on and off, even though my best friend and parents found out a little after I started. I promised I'd stopped, that they only saw old wounds. I lied. As far as weight loss goes, I talk about it like I'm proud of it. Someone even encouraged me to start a blog on it, like I'm in any place to give advice. I started binging and purging a year or so ago. My mother found out. Again I promised I'd finished doing it. Again I lied.

I throw myself in my writing. Its the only thing I'm good at. My best friend was dating a guy only a few months ago. She takes journalism like me. She's the star pupil. I guess I'm not as good a writer as I thought. I guess I'm good at nothing. Then she became close friends with a guy I've been close with since preschool and had developed feelings for. They're dating now. I miss talking to him, just the two of us. I admit I'd settle for just being friends like we were, but she's always the topic of conversation. Even when she's not present, she's still there

I started learning to drive. My instructor says I'm pretty bad. I've only had two two-hour lessons. I don't remember the exact amount of times I've contemplated crashing the car.

I'm the shoulder to cry on with my friends. They say I'm a good listener. They don't thank me for it but they do get quite pissy when I tell them something they don't want to hear. When I turn the conversation around to something that I want to get off my chest, they can't leave fast enough.

I don't want to be here. I think randomly sometimes that I want to go home, even when I'm lying on my own bed. I'm not sure where it is I want to be I guess. I don't think I'd still be here if it weren't for my parents, not because they make it easier on me but because I don't think they are emotionally capable of dealing with the death of their daughter. I don't want to cause them that pain. I've seen parents lose their child. They don't recover.

My sister, too, I worry about. I love her more than anything and that keeps me going. She makes it easier but I only talk to her every other week or so. I feel guilty telling her all my problems. She got out of this stupid suburb, a feat I doubt I'll repeat, and I don't ever want to make her think she has to come back for me.

I guess I'm around for now. I don't think I can say I'm alive for now. I'm not sure if that's what I can call it. I still wonder if I'll get out of bed tomorrow.

tangledbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
bleeding black
lost boys

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I really hope you stick around, it's worth it, things change and get better.

It sounds like your friends rely on you but don't return the favour. Could you talk to them about that?

Well done on losing all that weight! That must have been quite a feat!
Are you sure you won't talk to and be honest with your parents about your self-destructive behaviours? Wouldn't they want to help? Do you have a therapist you could talk to about some of these issues? It could be a helpful process.

About the driving- you've only just started! Four hours is nothing and it can take a lot of practise. Over here in Australia soon all learner drivers will have to complete a log book of 220 hours driving to get their probationary licence. I really hope you don't crash the car, intentionally or otherwise. You don't deserve to be hurt.

Try not to compare yourself to your best friend, I know it's hard but it is counter productive and will make you feel worse. I'm sure you are a great writer. Just keep on at it, if you love it that's great and something to hold onto.

I'm also sorry that your friend seems to be so focused on your best friend. Could you tell him you are missing your old relationship and would like to talk to him/spend time with him without discussing her for a bit?

Take care of yourself.
Ash

bleeding black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
bleeding black
lost boys

I am currently:

How are you doing today?
Ash

bleeding black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

how are you doing?

not being the "start student" doesn't mean that you aren't great at writing. there is always going to be someone out there that is more talented or skilled at whatever we do... that doesn't take away our accomplishments or talents! perhaps it would help to focus on making progress for yourself, rather than comparing yourself to the other people in the class.

many people are bad when they start learning to drive (case in point: my brother!) but with practice and experience they learn and become fine, even great drivers. you're taking lessons and have an instructor so that you can improve.

maybe you could do some research and see if there are any support groups in your area that you could join...

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)