RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
release-me

I am currently:
I'm struggling to live with the recurrence of my BPD symptoms

Hi

I used to be about a fair bit on chat and sometimes on the boards but haven't so much in the last 3 months.

Things went really downhill, I ended up hospitalised again but then fought for discharge against the professionals advice.

But anyway I worked really hard at my own recovery and things were steadily progressing and I was managing my emotions and urges really quite well.

But the last few days something seems to have almost snapped. I'm feel absolutely paralysed and debilitated. I feel like I'm demoniacally possessed by the anger outbursts I have. I have been so consumed by this grief struck rage. I have been so close to hurting myself. I've given myself a few knocks to the head but no severe self harm like I have done previously.

The worst part of it is that I'm taken it out on my Mum and her partner. The ones I love the most. My Mum is pretty much being my carer at the moment because local services are diabolical.

I feel like this is a real set in cycle of depression. I recognise the lack of physical energy, barely able to move a limb out of bed, not wanting to wash, not even having an appetite which is really unusual for me because I binge eat and am bulimic. My speech is slow, I just stare at a wall for hours.

Anyway I'm going out today, with my Mum to the coast, just to get me out of the house and keep doing stuff even though I have zero energy or desire to.

I just wanted to be able to get this all down and reach out to the community. RYL has always been a rock for me and I miss the friendship and kindness from people here.

Thank you for reading.

Laura x

There there baby, it's just text book stuff, it's in the ABC of growing up...

release-me is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 31-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

It is good that you have recognised a change in your mood. How do you get on with your GP? Would you be able to check in with them?

I hope going to the coast helps today.

What has helped you in the past?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

How are you doing at the moment?

To me it sounds like you could benefit from professional support.
Have you ever done DBT or CBT? Those skills can be useful for managing emotions and dealing with anger.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)